Wananiko has a 4.0 and a 4.1 custom update, if you can get that onto a bootable disk you may be ok. (Search)Can Someone Please Help me unbrick my Wii
Info on my Wii:
1) Purchased Wii the day it was released
2) Had the original Wiikey installed
3) Firmware for wiikey is 1.9s
4) Wii System menu is 3.4(USA)
How it became bricked:
1) My kid installed the Wii Sports Update, PAL version.
2) This did a Semi-Brick as we were still able to play games and get into the wii menu, just not the System menu. The System menu would give us the Opera error screen.
3) I went online and found a page that had instructions for a fix for my semi-brick from someone on this site. (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ner-brick.html) It had me download and run the wii backup disc 1.3 using the gamecube controller trick. In the instructions for this fix it has you do a delete all which I did and i rebooted.
4) This fix fully bricked my wii. Now when I turn on my wii I only get the opera screen error. I cannot get into the wii menu. i can only use the gamecube controller trick and load the wii backup disc 1.3.
What I have done so far:
1) I have searched and searched to no avail for a fix. I have downloaded autoloaders and starfall and every other tool that I could find that I thought would help. nothing loads. I have read somewhere that if I had preloader installed or the homebrew channel I might have been able to fix it, but I dont.
So my questions to anyone out there is -
1) Is there anything I can do?
2) Anyway to install or run preloader from an sd card or some other kind of autoloading disc I can use.
3) Is there a game I can get that has a firmware newer than my current 3.4(USA) that I could get to load somehow to unbrick it?
When I do the gamecube controller trick and get to the screen that shows 3.4(USA) in the corner I can insert a game that I know has firmware updates and the disc starts to spin and the screen goes black but nothing else happens. I have done that with these discs (Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, The Conduit, Wii Sports Resort) But I think that all these discs only install firmware 3.4. I dont know if there is a game that has 4.0 or 4.1 on it yet?
Thank you in advance for your help!!