Okami coming to Wii
As the title says Okami is coming to the Wii and heres a little info from an article i read.
'Capcom today announced at its Gamers Day that the award-winning Okami will be coming to Wii.'
'Capcom's award winning game is set for release on the Wii Autumn 2008. Featuring a re-imagined control scheme built around the intuitive Wii Remote, Ōkami offers players an unparalleled level of control and an opportunity to rediscover a critically-acclaimed and beautifully crafted adventure.'
Ōkami includes the following features:
* Innovative gameplay and control scheme optimised for the Wii - Defeating monsters requires both motion-controlled physical attacks, but also use of the Wii Remote as Amaterasu's 'Celestial Brush' to paint the desired powers for decimating enemies and solving puzzles.
* Create and destroy at will - Play as a god to re-establish order and beauty to a world laid barren by evil.
* Intense action-packed battles – Rooted in Japanese folklore, fight against a diverse line-up of demons and monsters.
* Utilise various gameplay styles – In addition to the Celestial Brush, Amaterasu can wield three types of offensive weaponry, each with their own unique abilities and effects. Depending on how a weapon is equipped, it can be used as the main or sub weapon:
* Reflectors – These well-balanced weapons are suited for close range combat
* Rosaries– Sacred magatama beads are great for quick long range attacks
* Glaives – These can be charged up to unleash powerful close range attacks
* Intriguing main character – Assume the role of the sun god, Amaterasu, who descends upon the earth in the form of a wolf. The Japanese translation of the word wolf is "Ōkami".
* Original visuals and revolutionary design– Vibrant and inspiring graphics, reminiscent of traditional Japanese art created on paper scrolls, produce a large variety of stages with a watercolour-esque appearance.
* Interact with a unique and dynamic cast of characters.
I my self have never played the original for the PS2 but i heard it was really good and that it was also inspired by Zelda so it seems like this will definately be a great game when it comes out.
!!! I am so looking foward for this for months already.....
Hopefully it will be good. Still have a bad feeling for only porting game to wii...
Capcom stated that it will be the ultimate version of the game just like RE 4 Wii Edition so its more than likely that it will get the control scheme and various other things right.
Originally Posted by Nitrok
Good news for the Wii, another game that no one outside of those who already own it is going to care about, a proper sequel would have been a better suggestion.
Okami would, perhaps, have been a better fit on the DS
I think i read somewhere that they thought about doing that or it might of just been someones comment, can't remember.
Originally Posted by ciderman
well if they do an awesome job like they did with re4 no ones gonna complain
Indeed the game alone was awesome so they better make it good on wii, that will be atleast one game to look forward too