Thread: I screwed up my wii!!!

Exclamation I screwed up my wii!!!

So here is what happened. I was trying to install this game My life as a dark lord onto my wii,, but it wouldnt let me. So what i did was i found this thread

and did what the person (kato) said to fix it. So i already had the IOS16 on my wii but not the CIOS249 so i copied that into my SD the installed it just like he said. But I still couldnt install My life as DL. So i gave up and decided to play one of my games. But then when i ran the Backup Launcher i got an error called
    (DVD error 349) now i cant play any of my games like i could before. WHAT DID I DO? HOW DO I FIX IT? PLZ HELP.

Another thing when i was on the Homebrew channel a window popped up asking if i wanted to update my HC from 1.01 to 1.03(i think those are the number i just remember it being from 1 to 3). So was it because of this?

PLZ HELP ME. I wasnt the one who hacked my wii it was my cousin so i dont know what i did to make the BL stop working and how to to fix it.

Sunny Wales, UK
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You say it won't let you install the game. What sort of error messages or symptoms are we talking about here? Is it crashing? Coming up with a message of some kind.

Error 349, from memory, is a DVD read error.

I'm guessing you've installed the cIOS incorrectly and it's overwritten the one you had working.

I would look into installing cIOS again, perhaps using the tutorial from the following thread.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.