Thread: Configure SMB Share in Mplayer

Thanks

Configure SMB Share in Mplayer

Does anyone know how to configure connecting to an SMB Share for the Mplayer application on the Wii? I don't see any options anywhere to do this.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrengel View Post
    Does anyone know how to configure connecting to an SMB Share for the Mplayer application on the Wii? I don't see any options anywhere to do this.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Here is a link: click here. Hope it helps.

3. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    I figured it out. Thanks!

Thanks
    hey, guys,
    I really need some help and I am not sure who to ask. First, let me say that I have really enjoyed using WiiMC and have been using it and the SMB Share feature for a few months right now. I love it!
    Sadly, i went to watch a movie today via stream through the SMB Share feature like I normally do and it’s not working at all. None of my settings have changed, I’ve done nothing differently, and now it’s not working! Ugh! This is so frustrating!
    I get the following error:
    “Failed to connect to network share.”
    I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it’s still not working.
    I would really appreciate any help that would lead to this issue getting resolved. I hope to be able to enjoy WiiMC and all that it has to offer again very soon. feel free to email me:
    bigredcape@gmail.com
    Thanks guys for all your help
    Best Regards,
    bigredcape

btw,

I went into the wii settings. Did a internet connection test. everything works fine. I have Netflix for the wii and that works to. It's weird because SMB has been working fine. Now it doesn't. I haven't done anything any differently to my computer, either. Could it be a router issue, something I am missing with the network settings, maybe something I've missed on my computer?

Thanks
    Really old thread but... Your problem might be if you're running windows 7. Try...
    http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...SMB/SAMBA/CIFS)