Thread: Disk question for backups

Disk question for backups

I know that if i am using a DVD+R, i hve to change the book type to DVD-ROM. I have a friend who gets read error 324 with these backups so i will now burn with DVD-R. If I use DVD-R, will I still have to change the book type to ROM or can I leave it as DVD-R?

DVD-R are burned as is. You can't change the book type for them. Some DVD+R writers auto set the book type to DVD ROM anyway. Image burn allows you to change the book type on selected recorders. I have has good sucsess with both + & - it's been -RW that I can't get to work.

~***** contributor~

The reason your friend is getting error 324 is because he must be using bad media, tell him to go buy Sony DVD-R and try again, i personally use sony's and never had a failed burn.
    Wii Friend Code: 1995-1453-6592-4861
    Conduit Code: 0173-9246-7325

He was tring to play a game that i burned on a dvd+R but it worked fine on my wii

I understand that just like the xbox was the wii drives can be selective of what media you use. I have heard that -R is better supported than +R.

~***** contributor~

Yes -R is more compatible, but the main reason I think they are better than
    +R on the wii is because the +R over time will stain the laser on the wii. Because the +R is harder for the wii laser to read and long play sessions on the wii using a DVD+R can cause some damage.
    Wii Friend Code: 1995-1453-6592-4861
    Conduit Code: 0173-9246-7325