Neo gamma R6 (or R4) help
I recently used the tutorial at
to put the backup loader on my wii. i had used the bannerbomb way to put the homebrew channel on the wii..
So i made up a backup of super Mario galaxy (i know i did everything right) put it in, ran neo gamma R4 and pressed run from DVD. it says loading DVD for like 5 seconds then it says error: no DVD (n)
i then put R6 on wii, runnable through the homebrew channel. i launched it and tried, and it did the same thing. Then i realized that when i put the DVD back in my laptop it couldn't retrieve any data from the disc. So am i doing something wrong, or is it just my laptop's cheap "DVD recorder"?
you need to install cios before using neogamma.
Nancy the Moderator
VWA, Game Master, News Hound
Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
i have the same and i installed cIOS 38 rev 14 and still says NO DVD (n) waht should i do and it happend in mario galaxy
try using tuff discs or datawrite yellow cheap discs not very good for the wii and write at single speed
it s probably the dvd. Use verbatim DVD-r burned at 2x or 4x and retry...
Originally Posted by ikesmasher
copy protect....mario galaxy
that games copy protected
"no dvd" and "time out" solution
Using NeoGamma on IOS199 instead of IOS249. Works on burned games, including Super Mario Galaxy. Very simple fix.
1) Download this: cIOS199 pack.rar
2) Download and unpack "cios199 pack.rar"
3) Unpack "cios199_cios249-v14.rar" and put "cios199_cios249-14.wad" into your wads folder
4) Open Folder "NeoGammaForcIOS199" and put folder "NeoGamma" and also "triforce_r74_cios199" in your apps folder
5) Download this: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
6) Unpack "NeoGamma-Fowarder-UNGF.rar" and put "NeoGamma-Fowarder-UNGF.wad" in your wad folder
7) run Triforce via homebrew and start with wad selected, choose "wad manager" under start, then hit start. Choose IOS199 and install "cios199_cios249-v14.wad"
8) Exit and Install NeoGamma-Fowarder-UNGF.wad with Wad Manager
you now have a NeoGamma Channel that uses cIOS 199 instead of 249, no more "no dvd" or timeouts!
If you're using PAL games they might come up in black and white.
If so, Use these settings to fix that:
Boot Lang: Auto force
Force Video Wii
Patch Video All
Patch Country Str: Yes
Last edited by CAJ; 01-23-2010 at 05:40 AM.
I am a newbie looking for some help. You mentioned 'simply put neo gamma folder' after extracting. Question is - do you want to me rename the folder or put a empty neogamma folder in the wads fodler. I tried the former am not able to do step 7. I have version 4.1.
Last edited by kani; 01-23-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Reason: found the problem
I'm not so sure about 4.1 because I've only modded 3.2 Wii's.
to your question about #4, I missed a step: after you unpack "cios199" you will see a folder titled "Neogammaforiso199" and in that folder is the folder "neogamma"
give that a try and see if step 7 works for you
Found the fix, i m supposed to take new gamma folder under the main neo gamma folder, do not have to rename the neogamma folder. But am getting new error - no cios error # 1051 now. any ideas?