Thread: [Help!!] Wii brick - Maybe Semi?!

[Fixed!] Wii Csm Semi-Brick

Hey guys,

I just bricked my wii today

I was installing a theme and this was not the first time and then i exited from homebrew, my wii loads fine but now every channel that i click a get a black screen saying "The system fyles are corrupted." . I cant even go to the homebrew channel or wii settings!

I have an hard modded wii, im running on 3.2E and i dont have bootmii or preeloader

What should i do? Can i load the preeloader with a dvd or something or even bootmii??

Plz help, what should i do?

|--Edit--|

Fixed!
    Last edited by grufalao; 07-15-2009 at 01:28 PM.

do you have an old gamecube controller? because if you can get the savemiifrii thing 2 work it will unbrick wii (but there are steps i left out cause i wanna make sure you have GC controller )

This time i made sure....

I'm gonna help you

Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

My wii is now fixed and 100% working

The guys from wadder.net helped me ont their forum because was with them software that i semi-bricked my wii..

Now i need to make you some questions about bootmii and preloader.

I installed on my wii the bootmii and preloader 0.29 to prevent wii bricks.

The preloader autoboots perfectly but the bootmii only sometimes and i dont know if bootmii will autoboot anymore since i installed the preloader.

In this passed day i installed bootmii as IOS and as boot2 and then i turned my wii off and then turned it on and nothing happens. In the next day i turned all my cables on (because i turn them off every day), then turned wii on and bootmii loaded *.* Then i thaught that everything was working, but to have 100% shure i turned my wii off and then turned it on again and the bootmii didnt appeared again... strange isnt it??

Then after that i need to take a bath soo i taught that giving some time and turning cables off and then on again and turning the wii on, the bootmii would load again... And it worked! but things kept strange i thaught that bootmii should load at first while im turning my wii on?!

Then i installed the preloader and since that, bootmii didnt autoboot anymore turning all the cables off or not. Only preloader autoboots and perfectly but the most important is bootmii what should i do to autoboot both? First bootmii and then preloader. What should i do? I did something wrong?

Us

Quote Originally Posted by grufalao View Post
    My wii is now fixed and 100% working

The guys from wadder.net helped me ont their forum because was with them software that i semi-bricked my wii..

Now i need to make you some questions about bootmii and preloader.

I installed on my wii the bootmii and preloader 0.29 to prevent wii bricks.

The preloader autoboots perfectly but the bootmii only sometimes and i dont know if bootmii will autoboot anymore since i installed the preloader.

In this passed day i installed bootmii as IOS and as boot2 and then i turned my wii off and then turned it on and nothing happens. In the next day i turned all my cables on (because i turn them off every day), then turned wii on and bootmii loaded *.* Then i thaught that everything was working, but to have 100% shure i turned my wii off and then turned it on again and the bootmii didnt appeared again... strange isnt it??

Then after that i need to take a bath soo i taught that giving some time and turning cables off and then on again and turning the wii on, the bootmii would load again... And it worked! but things kept strange i thaught that bootmii should load at first while im turning my wii on?!

Then i installed the preloader and since that, bootmii didnt autoboot anymore turning all the cables off or not. Only preloader autoboots and perfectly but the most important is bootmii what should i do to autoboot both? First bootmii and then preloader. What should i do? I did something wrong?
    i think u should choose preloader or bootmii, not both. they both serve the same function. the 2 together could cause problems. i havent had any problems with just preloader and it saved me once.
    My Wii System
    GC2-DMS Chipset - Wasabi Dx/Zero
    3.2u Firmware - HB Channel - Bootmii as Boot2
    Cios R14 - Neogamma R8B7

LG GDR 8163b for backups

Hit the "Thanks" if im useful.

Can preloader save us from a full brick?

Us

Quote Originally Posted by grufalao View Post
    Can preloader save us from a full brick?
    yes it can. i shut my router off in the middle of a nintendo update and the only thing that would load was preloader. it said system menu error. i was able to launch homebrew via preloader then downloaded a new firmware with cios downgrader.
    My Wii System
    GC2-DMS Chipset - Wasabi Dx/Zero
    3.2u Firmware - HB Channel - Bootmii as Boot2
    Cios R14 - Neogamma R8B7

LG GDR 8163b for backups

Hit the "Thanks" if im useful.