Thread: question on dvd burners

Thanks

question on dvd burners

well been awhile since i built my rig and now i want to add a light scribe burner found one pretty cheap and new think it was a samsung but i already have a sony dvd burner. now this is really noobish but i never really thought about if having two different brands of burners would effect the other or should i just sang this scribe and toss it in the rig for my backup games

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    It is possible that one drive could affect the other if they're on the same cable, not saying that it will, read that on cdfreaks some where. It was probably a specific drive that had that problem.

Thanks
    I have never had a problem with running drives made by different manufacturers when running dual drives. As a matter of fact I can't remember ever running dual drives that were from the same manufacturer. As usual just make sure one is set as the master and the other as a slave or use the cable select option.
    It's the voices in my head saying "Mod me, Mod me, Mod me".

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    I wasn't trying to discourage you from installing another optical drive, I have 2 in my computer and rarely get a coaster.

Thanks
    ah alright lol and dont worry i was gonna buy this lightscribe anyway be it that the burner i have now can burn alot of different types unlike the scribe i really just want it to add some names,labels etc to game cds