Thread: Which would be the best way to make a Wii region-free?

Which would be the best way to make a Wii region-free?

Okay, there is so many ways to make a Wii region free that I am getting confused. Solderring chip, Plug and Play Modchip, Softmod etc...

Let's say, I am going to buy the japanese black Wii this August and that I want to play mainly US games (85%) small amount of European version games (10%) and rare amount of japan only games (5%).

This also while getting access to a region free WiiWare networking whitout having Nintendo killing off my Wii.

Basically all I want to do is have the freedom in the same way I have freedom with my PS3. Basically play any game from any region I want and purchase any games online from any region marketplace.

Which would be the best alternative?

since this is your first post you will get the speech

hello welcome to wiihacks, please take a minute to read the updated rules and regulations Wiihacks - Nintendo Wii Hacks Community - Announcements in Forum : WiiHacks Site Announcements/News/Events. Also make sure to read the FAQ'S and Tutorials before posting repeat questions ►RECOMMENDED FAQ's, GUIDES & TUTORIALS ONLY ◄ Hope you enjoy the forums...

Join the mk tourney to win prizes, and be a donating member of these great forums

but, my wasabi zero lets me do region free, but i use ntsc games only unless pal is the ONLY option...
    I can't read japenese so i dont play them

I just use Backup Channel. Same here, I have a PAL Wii so I really try to only get PAL games. If you accidentally upgrade your system through a game that is another region than your Wii, you'll brick the Wii.