Thread: Drivekey + Homebrew

Thanks

Drivekey + Homebrew

Hello all. I am considering getting Drivekey for my Wii. I am not sure whether I need to get homebrew as well or will Drivekey do everything that homebrew can?

NB. Can someone please, please explain to me (in layman's terms) what homebrew is or what it does? Is homebrew a generic term for all "brewed" wii apps and is that different from "The Homebrew Channel"?

Thanks in advance.
    Wii Techno-moron

Thanks
    I have a drivekey and homebrew installed to achieve my goals.
    I use various apps available within homebrew to bypass the various game updates that are required on some of the newer games like wii active. Maybe it's not needed; but, I find that the majority of the experts prefer the wii firmware to be 3.2 and have stuff like apps like starfall installed. I've done all of the above and I find that both the originals and backups work fine thus far. Maybe one of the more seasoned members can elaborate on the requirements of having or not having both. For me it's all about reading and learning....good luck!

Thanks

depends what you want to do

If you just plan on playing backups of games and not homebrew applications, then just stick with the drivekey and update to 4.0, you wont have to worry about having the correct IOS and all games should work without any problems.