Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters NTSC wiichip blackscreen

Thanks

Us Ghostbusters NTSC wiichip blackscreen

Hello,

I apoloize if I am posting in the wrong section I am still learning where to post my questions properly.

Ok, here is my issue, I have a WII with a hard modification using the wii soliderless clip on chip and had to downgrade to the 3.2U os and all is working great. I have had no problems playing any of my prior burned games execpt now. I have recently downloaded and buned GB using the same process that I have done it the past but now I get this.

The game shows up at the wii menu and when I select the game the screen goes black and the remote turns off and I have to do a hard reset to restart the WII. I have tried to burn the game at a lower speed to see if it helped but I get the same results. After doing this a few time I remember that I got the same results when I burned and tried to play the Donkey Kong game. the game showed up on the wii menu and then I would select it and it would go to a black screen and lock up and turn the remote off. And it would require a hard reboot to get the system to come back.

Can someone help me out and let me know what I need to do please? I have been reading some posts about the game but they all seem to deal with softmods and some neogammer loader or something. I am not that familar on using the neogammer and not sure if I need to since I have a modchip..

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
    stimpy2300
    Last edited by stimpy2300; 06-22-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not being funny but there are about a hundred Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones posts on here already, perhaps you will find the answer there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc99 View Post
    Not being funny but there are about a hundred Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones posts on here already, perhaps you will find the answer there.
    No your right but most if not all that I have read have been addressing the softmod not the hardmod units. But yes I have been reading all the treads that I can find on this..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Some of the same rules apply between hard and soft modding and getting these newer games to load.

Are you running Ghostbusters out of region?

Thanks

Us

Quote Originally Posted by Tealc99 View Post
    Some of the same rules apply between hard and soft modding and getting these newer games to load.

Are you running Ghostbusters out of region?
    No I running a backup of ntsc version.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the ISO you are using has had the nornal update removed from it.

You'll need this IOS update before Ghostbusters will run on your Wii.

The IOS I needed to run it was cIOS38 Rev 13 original release version although I don't use discs but rather USB these days so can;t comment on that aspect.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Tealc99;103919]Maybe the ISO you are using has had the nornal update removed from it.

You'll need this IOS update before Ghostbusters will run on your Wii.

The IOS I needed to run it was cIOS38 Rev 13 original release version although I don't use discs but rather USB these days so can;t comment on that aspect.[/QUOTE

That seems to bethe constant in reading is update my cios.. Thanks, i will keep everyone up on my status. I had a blown waterheater and I have a funeral today, so I am hoping to work on this tonight...

Thanks for all the help!

Thanks
    stimpy let knw when u succeed to play these game coz me too trying to find a solution..but what i got are all for softmodded...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joinx View Post
    stimpy let knw when u succeed to play these game coz me too trying to find a solution..but what i got are all for softmodded...
    I will let you know once I get this done. Right now I am trying to remember and read on how to structure my sd card so that I can load the new wad manager, cIOS13a and NeogammaR4. I believe I just put them in sepearte folders under my apps off of the sd card? Need to get the clarified. I have been doing some searching but I have not found it yet. I am going to post to dogegg on another thread I have going to try and find out...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Any program you wish to load through homebrew channel must reside within it's own folder within the apps folder on your card.

eg.
    sd:/apps/wadmanager/boot.dol
    sd:/apps/superbgame/boot.dol
    sd:/apps/wiibricker/boot.dol

etc..

Any Wad you wish to install via the sd card must reside in a root wad folder.

eg
    sd:/wad/IOS36-64-v1042.wad
    sd:/wad/supermarioworld.wad

etc..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast