Thread: Punch-Out problems

Us Punch-Out problems

Hello! I am having trouble running my backup of Punch-Out!
    I am running system 3.2U with Homebrew Channel 1.0.3 IOS61v19.26
    Using Backup Loader the game starts up just fine but when I knock Glass Joe down and he starts to get up the game always freezes at that exact moment and I get the following error message:

The game disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii operations manual for details.

Earlier I couldn't even get that far but after running WAD manager with some other IOSs I could at least start to fight the first competitor. Any suggestions?
    I have read several of the other posts regarding this title and am still perplexed.

Thank you!

I heard you need to either change the IOS or patch it. I am not sure which but if you still have the iso file on your computer, if you download IOSpatcher and open the file "with" iospatcher and tell me the ios number, I can tell you what needs to be done

Thank you for your reply! I am one of those pesky Mac users so I do not believe the .exe will run for me. I have one of the older G4 Macs that does not bootm Windows. Are there any patch apps for Mac?

Could always just install VMWare if you're that desperate. You wont need to burn the iso or anything inside of windows, so it's not like you'll need it working 100%. Will just need XP to boot really.

Plus you'd get access to all the other utilities, like Brickblocker, WuM, RegionFrii.. etc..etc..
    Last edited by Ossot; 06-12-2009 at 03:12 PM.

I did not intend to come off as desperate. That would have involved some sort of begging, I would think. Well, things work great now so now worries. I used my internal burner rather than an external and that seemed to do the trick Mac-wise. Peace.

Sometimes being on a Crapple Macintrash has its disadvantages. We're a multi-platform home here. I've found that the super drive in the G-4 is an excellent drive for making backups. It may be slower than your external but much more reliable.

ah394496 go download VMware fusion which has a free trial then download a vm of windows. Might help you out in the future

Punch out worked great for me. no issues running 3.2u back up loader 1.5 from HDD

Install the following;
    IOS38
    IOS53
    IOS55
    cIOS38_rev13b

and your problems are gone....