Thread: Modchip

Ca Modchip

Hello all,
    New to this Wii modding, not sure if this question has been asked before but what modchip does everyone perfer the Wiikey or The Cycolwiz chip. I need some direction before I go ahead and order one.

Thanks

I would go with a Wiikey, updatable firmware making it more futureproof
    I don't have torrent site invites...

I'd go with the Cyclowiz, also updatable and works like a charm!

I personally have the WiiKey and I find it the best. I suggest you go with WiiKey.

I have a WiiKey and it works a treat.

From reading several posts on this forum though it is obvious both chips mentioned work fine.

do you think a beginner would be better with one or the other...im really nervious about this whole soldering thing, and would pay for a service if i could find a reliable/quick one in the states

I would recommend paying for someone to fit it for you. Upon receiving the Wiikey through the post I was amazed at how small it is - it is no bigger than 2cm in length.

Although I have never soldered before so not sure how easy it is to install for someone more experienced

wish i paid someone, ive soldered many times b4 but broke something now my wii is off getting repaired and everything seemed to go perfect with the install, till i turned iton to see no video or audio :S