Thread: New to the Wii

New to the Wii

Hi guys

im very new to the wii and its software.
    i have done some research and want to be able to backup my games and play them without the disk, playing old school games and play dvd's.
    i like the idea of the wii homebrew channel but have no idea how to get it all up n running.

i got my wii a few weeks ago.. serial number is LAH11.. if that means anything and it came with Ver3.4E. i have not upgraded yet.

what do i need to do first to get started playing homebrew?

thanks in advanced!

Adam.

Your best bet is to read the TUTORIALS before you screw up your Wii !!!

iv been through the tutorials on here but im not sure which 1 is right 4 me. there r just soo many different ways of doing it and different ways to homebrew it

i have experience with modding the psp and jailbraking the iphone but i have no idea where to start with the wii

I am in the same position. I've hacked my PSP and jailbroken my iPod but I can't seem to figure out the Wii. I've been to the tutorial section and I am unsure of which tutorial to take.

Basically I want to play backups on my Wii. But I have no idea of how to do this or where the backups are stored (Do I need to buy a 32Gb SD card or can I store the games on a hard drive, e.t.c?)

I haven't bought an SD card yet and I'm wondering whether I'll need to buy, a large one to store all of my games, or use my 64MB one and use something else to store the games on. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

32 gb isnt gonna give u many games, i would get a 500+ external hd if i was you. ( that is if ur gonna use usb loader instead of burning games to dvd-r's) ( which is what i am doing) 102 wii iso files in wbfs format on 183 gb!!! ...if you are under version 4.0 use the twighlight hack if ur 4.0 use bannerbomb.!!! just search for either and u will get tut. on what to do its easy. i have never modded a game system ever until i got my wii and it only took me a day or so to fig. everything out an get it working on a version 4.0u

Cheers cbjones26. Could you please go into more detail on burning games to DVD-R's? Do I need to have homebrew to do that? Do I burn the games to disks on my Wii or on my computer? Thanks.

There is a sticky above this thread will tell you what you are asking.

Somebody has been lying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cbjones26 View Post
    32 gb isnt gonna give u many games, i would get a 500+ external hd if i was you. ( that is if ur gonna use usb loader instead of burning games to dvd-r's) ( which is what i am doing) 102 wii iso files in wbfs format on 183 gb!!! ...if you are under version 4.0 use the twighlight hack if ur 4.0 use bannerbomb.!!! just search for either and u will get tut. on what to do its easy. i have never modded a game system ever until i got my wii and it only took me a day or so to fig. everything out an get it working on a version 4.0u
    with the twilight hack dont i need zelda??
    i dont have zelda that is my problem with that 1

if i go with the bannerbomb.. should i upgrade my wii first to do it?