Thread: Drivekey problem, backups dont work

Drivekey problem, backups dont work

I have some drivekey problems. Some backup games dont work when i burn them with imgburn verbatim dvd-r 4x. Zelda worked 100% but when i tried Muramasa the game showed up but but then when i clicked on start the screen became black and I had to retart the wii. Do I have to update my wii firmware to make it work? Its a japan game but drivekey should be able to handle it. I have tried mario galax and paper mario aswell both pal and none worked. Please help have wasted enough dvds.

Could be updates required. What system menu are you running?

System menu? I am kind of new to wii so could you please explain what that is?
    Since i recently bought my wii I havent changed anything except tv resolution to 480p and installed drivekey. I have made zelda and mariokart work. Super Mario Galaxy works aswell but with huge lag during cutscenes. Other than those not a single game works. I only get "disc read error" message.
    Last edited by danne; 05-29-2009 at 12:51 PM.

are they scrubbed games? They won't work, also out of region games may not work if the firmware is not high enough

I have the same problem, I'm pretty sure the Drivekey does not read scrubbed games and that might be the issue. I figure, a dvd costs around $.50, just try to find iso hosted by someone else. I got the black screen on Mad World, downloaded a different version and it works fine. Sorry, not the best answer but good luck.

even though drivekey is region-free some games from other regions don't work at all
    same thing happened to me with monster hunter tri demo jp
    but i was able to play it by installing homebrew channel and gecko 1.9
    and enabling force ntsc
    hope this helps

I got Muramasa to work by updating my firmware to the latest. I tried a ntsc version of paper mario and it worked aswell. Everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.