Bootmii beta 2
he fine folks at Hackmii have released the Hackmii Installer beta 2 which will install the Homebrew Channel 1.0.3, DVDX, and BootMii on any version of the Wii System Menu.
BootMii beta 2 (v0.9):
* SD card performance has been improved, decreasing the boot and the NAND backup / restore time
* backupmii accepts fragmented SD cards now, reformatting is not performed anymore. Old NAND dumps are still compatible.
* Introduced the INI variable “BOOTDELAY” to set the timeout for the auto boot feature
The Homebrew Channel v1.0.3:
* SDHC cards are working again
* SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
* HBC works on all system menu versions now
* Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
* Switched back to IOS < 37. While the SDHC problem for apps using DVDX has been fixed in libogc, there were also problems with USB keyboards under higher IOS versions
* Installer now works on newer Wiis with boot2v4
* Fixed reading of boot1/2 on Wiis with bad ECC data in that area
* BootMii as boot2 and IOS can now be uninstalled
So this will work on a virgin LU65 Wii running 4.0U?
Problem loading apps
I installed HBC using the beta 2 bootmii installer that went well. The only thing i'm having trouble with is some of the apps don't like my sd card. I get messages from mplayer that it's in the wrong directory yet I've triple checked it and it's in the right spot because sometimes it loads. I have an 8 gig kingston class 4 sdhc card. It's formatted in fat32 would it be better in fat16. Just not sure what it doesn't like about this card. If someone has some insight that would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm really new to the scene, however, I'm pretty sure SD card needs to be formatted as FAT16.
Originally Posted by Jaymiester
could be mplayer the program doesn't like the sd card or possibly doesnt support sdhc?
Can't get bootmii to work
It installs fine. When I boot I get the Bootmii screen, but then everything is dead. Pushing the A button lights the 4 LED's momentarily but then they go out. No cursor on the screen either.
I am getting this too.
Originally Posted by xray22
Having same problem
Originally Posted by XeN360
issue with loading homebrew apps
Bought sandisk sdhc 8 gb card. Everything works 100%!
use a gc controller in slot 1
Originally Posted by mazay