Homebrew black screen upon starting after IOS51 update
While following instructions required to downgrade firmware from 3.4U to 3.2U as described at
I got to the point of installing IOS51 update for the WII Shop channel where instructions were "+Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel." Following this, the program halted and required a hard reboot.
Afterward, all attempt to access homebrew channel have resulted in a black screen with the Wii-mote searching for a connection.
The behavior is exactly what was described in the thread at: http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...-starting.html
I tried to follow the recommendation of DOGEGGS, but do not see the WII Shop information in the data management screens.
Does anyone have any ideas of getting Homebrew to work after this?
I've got the same issue as well. I've tried re-installing homebrew again but still no success.
Had the same problem, here's how I fixed it:
1. Uninstall Homebrew Channel through the Data Management thing in the Wii Menu
2. Reinstall the Homebrew Channel using whatever method is appropriate for your current firmware using the boot.dol located in this package.
3. You should now be able to get into HBC, but it will be an older version. When the HBC makes an internet connection, it will prompt you to update, don't do it yet or you will be back where you started.
4. (Optional- can be done here or at any point after this) Complete your firmware downgrade using that same tutorial, just don't do the IOS51 step again.
5. Install IOS61 using the folder found here. This is the new version of the Wii Shop and it will essentially overwrite the IOS51 that is causing the problem. Don't try to manually uninstall IOS51, you'll be asking for a brick. Just install IOS61.
6. Now go back into your HBC and it when it prompts you to update to the newest version you should be safe to do so.
These steps worked for me in the exact same situation as described above.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for the tip. Regarding Step #5. I copied the files found in the IOS61 folder to the SD card. Then I went into Data Management, selected SD, and then inserted my SD card. However, nothing happens. Could you clarify how you installed it?
I installed it just like any other IOS. I copied the entire folder (not the contents) to the SD card. It then showed up in the homebrew channel and I installed it from there.
I'm having the same problem right now
When I reach step 5 (installing the IOS61), it says an error occurred.
I copied the contents of the folder onto my SD card, used the Twilight Hack (because it wasn't showing up on my newly created "outdated" HBC), and it said that it failed. I tried it a few times and for some reason thought that it was ok to install the HBC update and now I'm back at the black screen. Obviously I'm going to have to install the older version again but how come the IOS61 installer isn't working?
You renamed the .dol file in the folder to boot.dol right?
Applying tona's fix for Shop channel broke Homebrew Channel on 3.4U
I have a similar issue.
I have 3.4U and in order to fix the shop channel applied tona's fix to IOS51 and shop channel. After that the HBC I had came up with a blank screen and wii freezes and needs a restart.
Tried restoring IOS51 using Muzer's update but still not luck.
I had to downgrade to HBC beta 9.0.
How do I fix this? Tried your approach but get error while install IOS61. Please help.
Originally Posted by bst1
I triad to downgrade my 3.4J to 3.2J and got in to the same black screen problem after installing IOS51 update. Wondering if the steps provided by you could works on Japanese wii?
Tags for this Thread