Thread: Few softmii (noob) questions..

Few softmii (noob) questions..

There's always that fear of being the new guy that asks some question then gets slap'd with like 15 links which all clearly answer his question. I promise you all though, i honestly DID look around.

Right now I'm 3.1U and softmod'd. I use gamma loader and Waninkoko's IOSPatcher to set everything I burn to 249. So far everything I've backed up has worked just fine. No problems at all.

So, with that in mind, my Softmii questions.

1. If I use WiiUpdateManager to update to 3.2u, any chance of bricking? I'm thinking that's the safest method as I don't have wifi to hit.

2. If I use HBC to install Softmii, any chance of getting bricked again?

3. Will Softmii auto force NTSC? That's my big complaint with my Gamma loader. I hate going into the options every time to set it to NTSC.

4. If I switch to Softmii, will my 249 IOS'd games still work a-ok? And if so, should I just continue burning things at 249? Or leave them as-is in the future?

And lastly.. anyone know a good guide for Softmii installation? There's a guy that makes youtube video's which has turned into my mecca of DIY softmod'ing, but his latest video is for 2.1.1.. and it seems Softmii is ~2.9.7. So I don't know if his guide would still be accurate.

Any help is much appreciated. I fully expect to be told I'm a retard and didn't search properly though. So that'll work too provided you toss me a bone to the proper search criteria.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    1: you should be ok - as much chance of bricking as any other method
    2: see 1
    3: no - you have to make your wii region free with preloader hacks
    4: you don't have to patch all games to ios249 only a few - check here in future, they should work still
    5: 295-297 were pulled cos they're not ready - stick to 211