Thread: menu 4.0 and (vc and wares)...

menu 4.0 and (vc and wares)...

hello every1 , iam newbi , but since i updated to wii menu 4.0 i noticed the following:

1-the homebrew channel is still there and working.
    2-wad installer channel 1.3 is still there and working.
    3-i was able to install various wiiwares and vc games through was installer and they work.

but whts tooooooooooooooo annnnooooyyyyiiiinngg is the stu*** small NAND memory of the wii , i dont know wht were they thinking off when they made it 512mb only , so by installing less than 6 N64 titles and FF:crystal defenders , ur memory is done ...

so wht i did was that i bought a 4GB SD card , and the wii can read them now , but wht it CAN NOT DO is the following:

***once you moved a VC from the wii memory to SD card , you cant lauch it from there , nor move it BACK to the internal memory...

so is there a patch / trick /somehow to be able to lunch VC games (which i installed by WAD installer ) from the SD card ??

Quote Originally Posted by somacast View Post
    hello every1 , iam newbi , but since i updated to wii menu 4.0 i noticed the following:

1-the homebrew channel is still there and working.
    2-wad installer channel 1.3 is still there and working.
    3-i was able to install various wiiwares and vc games through was installer and they work.

but whts tooooooooooooooo annnnooooyyyyiiiinngg is the stu*** small NAND memory of the wii , i dont know wht were they thinking off when they made it 512mb only , so by installing less than 6 N64 titles and FF:crystal defenders , ur memory is done ...

so wht i did was that i bought a 4GB SD card , and the wii can read them now , but wht it CAN NOT DO is the following:

***once you moved a VC from the wii memory to SD card , you cant lauch it from there , nor move it BACK to the internal memory...

so is there a patch / trick /somehow to be able to lunch VC games (which i installed by WAD installer ) from the SD card ??

If you're on the 4.0 Version of the Wii there should be a small little SD Card next to your Wii Options button. Here's a screenshot:

Click on it, and it should open the SD Card Menu along with a tutorial . However I'm not sure if the Wii can read the SD Card while Homebrew App's or Wad's are on it. Since when I was installing my HBC yesterday, and I had it on my SD, I tried loading it from my SD Card using this method, and it froze my Wii, but then I re-booted and it was fine.

Last edited by ReXgor; 05-17-2009 at 09:41 PM.

atm, ONLY those purchased wiiwares (fm Ninty) be able to moved between wii memory and SDHC card at 4.0

try cios36 rev10 ? it supports sdhc

Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    atm, ONLY those purchased wiiwares (fm Ninty) be able to moved between wii memory and SDHC card at 4.0

try cios36 rev10 ? it supports sdhc

i see , thnx for the info ... so wht is cios36 rev10 gonna help me with ??

cios 10 is the latest custom IOS for the wii, which i think is basically like firmware.

you wont find it on a site like this, but googling it should do the trick

theres an application for HBC called CIOS installer, google that too, easy as pie!

my working too backuploader and WAD oso can install in 4.0U, 2GB SD card work

@muzzled

cios is nothing like firmware, and you dont need a new one all the time.

has nothing to do with this.

so what exactly is CIOS?
    ive been wondering this for a while myself, i just assumed

ios is like a driver i guess. for games and stuff (eg. onslaught needs ios 55) and they are also things that make the wii do stuff.

cios replaces a specific ios (the one that tells the wii what to do with discs/other), and tells it to do different things. eg running backups/usbloader

correct me if i am wrong.

IOS 60 will do!