Thread: Are there little to none advantages of hard-modding and then soft-modding?

Question Are there little to none advantages of hard-modding and then soft-modding?

Let's just say I install a WiiKey2 or a DriveKey. If burn myself TP, and do the Twilight Exploit, will I have any advantages and/or disadvantages?

I am pretty sure you didn't check around the forum yet. But you will find your answer here in the community. You already have a chip to read backup. You can run Twilight Princess either original or backup. Just make sure you use the right TP file to install HBC.

Well, I haven't looked around the forum much, so you're right on that. From what I can see, it's pretty much no difference at all, just to install HBC, correct?

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    or if your wii firmware is 3.2 or lower you can download the self-booting iso and burn it and use it. just google homebrew channel and click the first result and then go to the download section

I'm on 4.0 (SD Support FTW), so that's not for me.

You need to read the Bannerbomb guide to install HBC to v4.0 wii. Good luck trying

I've read it, tried it. I'm yet to try the other files, I've only tried the first one so far.

I have the best of both worlds, mod and softmod...I'd suggest both if you can and in your budget.
    ~aloha kawai

If i've helped, pls give press the thumbs up...