Thread: Help! I have a semi-bricked Wii that doesn't read anything I burn!

Unhappy Help! I have a semi-bricked Wii that doesn't read anything I burn!

I bought my Wii around the launch, somewhere in China.
    Its NTSC-J, and I'm PREEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTY sure its using WiiKey 1.

About a month ago, I downloaded Call of Duty World At War (The PAL version).

QUITE OBVIOUSLY, it ran through an update, and the game didn't work. So I threw that aside.

My games still worked, there was no other symptoms of semi-brickedness other than the duplicate channels, which I thought were caused by the workings of my brother, who alike me, has no grasp of the Japanese language.

I tried to enter settings, and it gave me the whole JPN/JPN/JP.index01 opera error.
    So I searched that up and I found I had a semi bricked Wii.

No problem, I downloaded the Semi-brick wii fix for NTSC-J, burnt it using IMGBURN, popped it in the system, Black screen with White text, telling me to close my Wii. I assume this is the "DISK NOT RECOGNIZED" equivalent on a JAP system.

I went on the internet, got the "fixed" or revamp version of NTSC-J, burnt it on IMGBURN, same problem.

Desperate, I went into an all out frenzy to find any answer that would solve my problem. Downloaded the Homebrew Channel and burnt it using IMGBURN, yet the SAME error.

I really do think this is a problem on IMGBURN's part, but that wouldn't make sense because its the most widely recommended burnig software for Wii games.

What, oh what should I do?
    Worst comes to worse, could I perhaps remove my modchip and install a softmod?

Perhaps somebody could give me some insight into as why my burnt disks fail hardcore on my Wii? I burnt the disks on my Macbook running XP with IMGBURN, and my Compaq desktop running vista using IMGBURN.

I don't get it >.<

What media are you using?

ISO on Maxell DVD-R.

goto burning 101...recommended media or we can't even start to help you

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my Firmware though. I need to downgrade to 3.2 or less, eh?

Doubtful, Even with a semi brick that can't access the user settings, Discs should be readable, Try a different medium as said above, If that fails then come back.