questions for a wii with wiikey recently installed
i am a total new-b and have a few issues and questions on my nintendo wii with a recently installed modchip. please have patience for me because i am not a computer person and this is my first modded system.
1. internet stopped working after install and i tried changing/fixing the settings but with no success. it worked before the install and now i dont know how to fix it.
2. how can i tell if my system is ntsc or pal? i purchased it from a friend in the US so i am guessing its ntsc, but i just want to check
3. i have read in different places that i should AND shouldn't upgrade firmware... to avoid bricking with my wiikey installed, what should i do? don't upgrade at all? or only upgrade to a certain point?
4. i am currently downloading tiger woods pga (PAL) for my wii with bittorrent, is it safe to play this? do i need to disable the update on the game or is it safe to play?
5. any recommended maintenance or things to look out for to keep this thing going?
6. does anyone know anything about an update that would enable me to play dvd's? i heard it will be coming in a wiikey bootdisk, but im not sure if this is true.
just to let you all know, i have tried burned wii AND gc games that my friend burned and they both work on my modded wii. i just want to make sure i dont mess anything up and i want to get my internet connection back.
thank you for your patience!
Last edited by abraDAMN; 08-27-2007 at 10:47 AM.
anyone?... hmm... maybe i posted too many questions in one thread. i would appreciate if any of you would answer at least one of my questions.
1. Internet stopped working as in WiFI? I have no idea why this would happen. It shouldnt really have any effect on anything wifi, best I can personally say is search forums.
Originally Posted by abraDAMN
2. i tried searching around for you and I found nothing that could really indicate whether your system is ntsc or pal.
3.upgrade your firmware (you will need to to play games) and use wiifree patcher on your foregin game isos. Always only upgrade the firware that your system is based (ie ntsc = always upgrade to ntsc)
4. use wiifree on tiger woods and it should work for you, just have th latest ntsc update
5. keep you firware up to date on both the wiikey and the wii itself. The wiikey currently doesn't have firmware upgrades but keep a lookout, im sure it will.
6. have not heard about anything to play dvds. In my mind it doesn;t really matter. You probably have some sort of dvd player, one would hope. in any case it is surely cheaper to buy a dvd player thann mod a wii so that it could play dvds :P If it is a problem of playing various region dvds on your player (which is most likely the case) i suggest getting dvd decrypter or dvdshrink and basically just stripping the region code from it and burning it back onto a disc.
True i agree about teh dvd part of things why use wear and tear on the drive.