Thread: Where can i download system update 4.0?

Where can i download system update 4.0?

Is there a place where i can download 4.0? My Wii can't connect to the internet due to a region semi brick...

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Click my sig for the files you need - or if you want to download your own try using NUSD be careful with what you're doing though m8!

I've got a similiar sort of problem I can't upgarde to the wannikos firmware 4.0 because it only works via wifi and my wifi is broke. I have a LAN connection but it wont work via LAN.

What files from your sig do I need ?

Cheers

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    So you want to update offline? I think i heard somewhere if you install IOS60 and then sys menu 4 for your region it will work though tbh i'm not really sure so proceed at your own risk....Whatever you do make sure you install IOS60 first else brick! That said, i would do some research to make sure it will work first....you are getting into brick territory here! Please lmk if you try it and what happens...edit: you should also make sure you have cios249 installed before updating too.

Have a look through this thread on gbatemp.
    Last edited by Dogeggs; 04-30-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Just might hang fire for now. Looks a little bit of a risk.

I broke my wifi when I changed the white case for a black one, never knew I broke it. It just would not work after case swap. I think I might open it again and see if I can get the wifi sorted.

Its just strange when you can only update this via wifi and not LAN.

Thanks