Thread: softmodded but can only run Tiger Woods 09?

Wink softmodded but can only run Tiger Woods 09?

Hi, I have softmodded my Wii, using this guide: Guide: How to Install HBC + WiiGator Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma with GC Support & USB Loader, also I should say I am on version 3.2e.

When I run any game that isn't Tiger Woods nothing happens. The screen goes blank and I can hear the disk trying to spin, and it will do this until I have to turn it off. But if I eject the disk while it is still on, it will say "please insert Mario Kart disk" or the name of whatever game I have tried (tried about 5 others). I know these backups work as I have used them on other Wii's.

If I leave it in while it tries to read the disk it leaves perfect circular scratches on the disk too! But not on Tiger Woods, or any original disks that I have. Can anyone explain this?

The laser had to be replaced in this Wii a few months ago, before it was modded, but original games work fine, plus a backup of Tiger Woods 09.

Can anyone help me? I am tearing my hair out...

thanks

You may need more of cIOS and IOS installed.
    Try different loader,
    SoftMii helps and runs games strait from disk chanel

tried soft mii, still the exact same problem!! this is really doing my head in! why is it even scratching the disks? AAAARGH

any other ideas?

should also note I bought different disks, and still it is only Tiger Woods 09 that works. All the backups I have are from the same ripper too.

if one backup works they all should work, the scratches i can't really explain, maybe the lens you purchased is too big and is hitting the disc. I've never had a drive scratch a disc.

Quote Originally Posted by VashTS View Post
    if one backup works they all should work, the scratches i can't really explain, maybe the lens you purchased is too big and is hitting the disc. I've never had a drive scratch a disc.
    I put the old laser in and tried it... and it also is scartching the disks, infact it seems to be worse (this wasn't an issue before). I am thinking of just throwing it out tbh....