Thread: Stuck in the Starfall/Gamma Installation...

Exclamation Stuck in the Starfall/Gamma Installation...

Hello everyone! Well, I was using the excellent guide here about installing the HBC/Starfall/Gamma and now I am stuck. I got the Twilight Hack and the HBC to install properly, but things started going worng when I tried to use the IOS downgrader. I don't have internet at the moment, so I could downgrade from 3.4U to 3.2U. Luckily, I found the guide and file on here to do a manual downgrade. That went fine. But now, starting at step 2 in the guide, nothing will install! The cIOS downgrader and Starfall both just sit there and do nothing, no matter how many times I press the A button. Should I just give up and order a modchip? On the bright side, I can DL and play VC games, and some WiiWare games. But I really wanted to play backup of my Wii and GC games from an external HDD. Thanks in advance for any help. This site rocks!

cIOS maybe?

Which cIOS do you have installed (check in HBC)
    You might of gotten rid of your installed cIOS so things like starfall stopped working

Just a thought

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Start at step one, you need to do this to get stuff working - skip step two as you are on 3.2 already, then proceed with step three.

Well, Thanks to some help from the great members here, I manages to get the IOS36-64-1042,wad installed by putting the wad on the root of my sd card, and Starfall by repeatedly pressing the B+1 buttons. You guys rock! Now if only I could get Vista to reformat my 160Gb external HDD as FAT instead of NTFS.... Stupid Microsoft! LOL!