Thread: Usb/SD LOADER 1.4 (All You Need)

Usb/SD LOADER 1.4 (All You Need)

USB/SD LOADER 1.4 ALL YOU NEED

USB Loader 1_4.wad (install with wad manager 1.3)

cios36 rev10 installer (install with latest HBC and put

IOS36-64-v1042.wad into root of sd card for installer )

WBFSManager2.2.msi (install to pc to manage your sd/usb

from pc , needs framenetwork 3.5 )

**Download**

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks alex, now someone needs to write a nice faq to go with it...

Hi, sorry if this is not the place to ask this question. Thanks for the information!
    Will any usb drive work? I got a laptop drive that I would like to use but it is taking the power from the usb port. Or do I need an external usb drive that has it own power source?
    Thanks,

I found that the Western Digital "My Book Premium Edition" External Drives work really well. I wanted a drive that turned on and off automatically with the controlling unit, and this drives does just that. If I turn on the Wii, the drive turns on as well, as well as turning off when the Wii is turned off. I have a 500GB My Book Premium Edition that I use with my Wii, and it works like a charm in both playing and installing new games to it through both the PC and the Wii using USB Loader 1.4. Hope that helped!

Cool Outsnading

Bought a Maxtor 320gb Onetouch 4 from Staples for $49.99 and it works perfectly.

Maxtor 320GB OneTouch™ 4 External Hard Drives | Staples®

I have about 50 games on there now and they only used about 100gb.

Load times seem alittle faster than the DVD's.

I have had on a few occassions when getting out of game and back to the Wii Menu, relaunching the USB Loader 1.4, the drive does not get recognized. A power off/on of the Wii clears that up. Doesn't happen all the time and I am not going to complain, this is way better than burning those dang DVD's...

Quote Originally Posted by afraser302 View Post
    Bought a Maxtor 320gb Onetouch 4 from Staples for $49.99 and it works perfectly.

Maxtor 320GB OneTouch™ 4 External Hard Drives | Staples®

I have about 50 games on there now and they only used about 100gb.

Load times seem alittle faster than the DVD's.

I have had on a few occassions when getting out of game and back to the Wii Menu, relaunching the USB Loader 1.4, the drive does not get recognized. A power off/on of the Wii clears that up. Doesn't happen all the time and I am not going to complain, this is way better than burning those dang DVD's...
    I think this is caused by your USB HDD overheating. I read somewhere it can happen and make your drive unrecognisable until it resets to cool down. I try not to play for more than 4 hours continuously, I never go that long any way, lol.

I thank alexanderadnanj for SD/USBLoader1_4.wad. I would like to confirm that the wad installs as a channel and works. But I still use USBLoader1_5 to rip games to hd, I've had better results ripping with SD/USBLoader1_5.