Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new exploit (being tweaked for 4.0)

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter

new exploit (being tweaked for 4.0)

basically upload a custom dol file to your sd card. click on the sd save game tab, when it asks to load from sd card hit yes. boom goes the dynomite

If its that easy then this is the most idiot proof way of installing homebrew channel.

is that proven??

Being tweaked for 4.0?

Any news on this?

Hiya mate. I am a noob at this and looking for advice regards getting the home brew channel. I know there are some serious issues getting this channel with firmare version 4.0 (which I have) Are you basically saying by uploading the required file this will allow installation of the hbc on this version.

Also since I have little or no clue what i am on about can you please tell me if the link below is the one I download. Just copied and pasted the details from the hbc/hackmii.com website.

.DOL (For usage with Twilight Hack & other booting methods)
    Please read the README file!
    the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1.tar.gz
    (MD5: 183d80460b7df98bdf90c8c349e4ca7b)

Cheers, Jimmy

"So here is the proof that everyone has been wanting, this has the dol loading code implemented. It only technically works on 3.2 at the time being but its a small fix to get it to work for the other versions(including 3.4 and 4.0). Comex is a bit busy right now so those versions will follow soon(like tommorow or the next day).

The exploit is very simple, just put the file on your sd card(which will be a channel).
    Go to the SD channel menu and a dialog will popup, hit yes and it will load boot.dol fromt he root of the sd card. It can load any dol so this means you can run homebrew on a wii with ease if you don't want to fully mod your wii."

Description from the video.

Thought it would be useful to be here. =D

Smile Awesome

Can't wait to try it out. Just updated to 4.0 then found out about Homebrew...what a bummer. But your posts give me hope !

Keep up the good work !!

Quote Originally Posted by righteye View Post
    Can't wait to try it out. Just updated to 4.0 then found out about Homebrew...what a bummer. But your posts give me hope !

Keep up the good work !!
    Yeah same as above, if this don't come out by Monday I'm taking back my wii and I'm gonna blag a brand new one. Fingers crossed.

Question Wii exploit for v4.0

If this runs homebrew on v4.0, could you then run an IOS or CIOS downgrade and try and go back down to 3.2 ????

U should be able to downgrade once you get HBC up and running.

I'm willing to be a betatester btw.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast