Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Loader Error (ret = -6)

USB Loader Error (ret = -6)

OK, I apologize if this is address elsewhere, but I just couldn't find a clear answer here or anywhere else. I finally got the IOS36 wad to load and now I'm getting the (ret = -6) error when starting the USB loader. Any suggestions. When I tried and failed to install IOS 36, i read that IOS 249 had to be uninstalled first, but even then it wouldn't load. I finally got a IOS installer to do it right, but now instead of error (ret = -1), I get -6.

I'm sure that the answer is here for my next question, but I'm heading out the door, so maybe someone can point me to the right direction. Can I create the need partition thru the PC with WBFS or does it HAVE to initiate thru the Wii first?

Thanks in advance...

install the other file that comes with the package it worked for me

i also got this problum

read my post above

i got the error -1, and now i get the -6
    i am in the same way =S

[quote=HellReborn;83709]install the other file that comes with the package it worked for me[/quote
    Last edited by brenthancock; 04-18-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Same problem

If anyone got a solution please post...
    A lot of people are having that issue...

I figured mine out... I had put the IOS36 in the apps folder instead of the actual ROOT of the SD card. I kept getting an error that IOS36 wasn't installing correctly. After I moved it, everything worked perfectly...

Quote Originally Posted by esp13 View Post
    I figured mine out... I had put the IOS36 in the apps folder instead of the actual ROOT of the SD card. I kept getting an error that IOS36 wasn't installing correctly. After I moved it, everything worked perfectly...
    What IOS36? cIOS36 v10?

sorry yes... It's the wad that the instructions with the loader tell you to Google for cuz they can't include it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast