Thread: Drive Key wont load burned copies

Drive Key wont load burned copies

Hello all:

Finally got my drive key today, installed, tested and it works good on originals. X4 diode, silver ribbon cable.

Like I said it plays originals fine, and I can successfully get into Drive Key menu.

So far I have made 2 coasters, both DVD-r

one copy of Bikini zombi slayers (Sony DVR-r)

one copy of We Ski and Snowboard (no name also DVD-r)

I don't have any Vertebim discs to try. I am going to try a TDK DVD+r next just to continue experimenting.

I am assuming it is a media problem, as that's all I've seen to explain the black screen that says problem reading disc, restart wii and read owners manual thing ...... Thats what I get with both burned copies

I have a LG burner, when I check the device manager it says its a HL-DT - ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L can anyone verify for me that this burner will work for burning wii backups?

IMGBurn said succesful burn for both copies, and I can verify that the burner does work, as it produces succesful movie and other media burns.

Also open to any other suggestions right now, I've been reading for 2 weeks to prep for this install, I can't believe I'm having problems

Thanks all!

Prarie

HA SUCSESS!!!!

Burned with TDK DVD+R after changing settings in ImgBurn as shown on DriveKey menu. Will post back with future progress.

Man what a weight lifted when you see it all work!

Thanks wiihacks and modchip depot, a successful modding. wierd that DVD+r worked for me and -r wouldn't but hey I'm up

Ok must be downloads maybe??? Just made another coaster, this time out of We Ski & Snowboard on TDK DVD+R

Both We Ski & Snowboard and bikini zombie game were scrubbed, will scrubbed games not work on the Drive Key, I'll do some more reading, if they will is there something I have to do to them first??

As I said I'll continue to read.

Ok Madworld (unscrubbed) worked with DVD+r guess I have to do some reading to figure out how to make scrubbed games work, tommorow at work.

If someone could point me towards a thread on how to make scrubbed games work with Drive Key I would sure appreciate it. Or are all the scrubbed ISOs I have useless?
    Last edited by Prarieboy; 03-30-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Also both games that won't work are from demonoid and are ready to work with Crashoverides soft mods, does that mean I have to do something different with them? I've been sucessful with 4 burns, none said scrubbed, nor of course were listed as useable with this kit.

Please help, should I stop all downloads that are scrubbed, and done up to work with this soft mod, or can I patch them somehow?

Also both games that won't work are from demonoid and are ready to work with Crashoverides soft mods, does that mean I have to do something different with them? I've been sucessful with 4 burns, none said scrubbed, nor of course were listed as useable with this kit.

Please help, should I stop all downloads that are scrubbed, and done up to work with this soft mod, or can I patch them somehow?

Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    use dvd-r, use a good brand like verbatim, make sure the verbatim is made in japan/singapore or at worst taiwan.
    burn with imgburn @ 4x
    make sure the games are not scrubbed games if using firmware >3.2
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

$9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here