Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii Shop Channel Crashes to Main Menu

Thanks

Wii Shop Channel Crashes to Main Menu

This is my story, please read through this:
    I was originally running 3.4U on my North American Wii. I used the Twilight hack to get the HBC. I was successful. I wanted to install the WiiGator Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma. I could not find all the files needed to install it on my 3.4U firmware, so I successfully downgraded my Wii back to 3.2U. Then I installed everything necessary to get the BackUp Launcher working, I tested it and it works. Then after I installed M Player and DVDX to play DVDs on my Wii, I was successful. Then I downloaded and installed the My Pokemon Ranch Wad from my SD Card to my Wii, and it worked. I then remembered that there was an update to allow the Platinum Only forms in the game. So I click on the Wii Shop Channel, and it says I need to update the System Menu to use the channel. HECK NO!! I soon found Muzer's v2 IOS51 and Wii Shop Channel Installer. I installed IOS51 first. (I did not check to make sure it was successful), then I installed the latest Wii Shop Channel. Then the Wii was sending me back to Main Menu everytime I clicked START on the channel. So then I tried Tina's Installer, I said Yes to both IOS51 and to Patch the Sig or whatever, and everything Downloaded, but I kept getting an error on the installation. Then I tried saying yes to just IOS51, and it still didn't work, I got an error. And then I tried just updating to the latest Wii Shop Channel, and it said Installation Complete. Done. But it Wii Shop Channel still didn't work.Then I used Muzer's v1 IOS51 and Wii Shop Channel Installer. (I'm not sure when it happenned, but somewhere around this time when I clicked START on the Wii Shop Channel, it loads, and then the screen stays Black and my WiiMote was turned off, so I had to unplug my Wii when this happened, keep in mind I'm not sure exactly when this happened.) After I used the v1 installer, it still didn't work. Then I noticed there is an HBC friendly version of Tina's installer and Muzer's v2 installer. So I tried Muzer's v2 installer, and everything said Installation Complete. Done. But the Wii Shop Channel still didn't work. (And both times, when I used Muzer's v1 and v2 installer on my Wii, in the HBC, when I clicked "A" on the Installer, when the information was displaying about the program, on both v1 and v2, the version listed on my Wii was Version: 1.0) Then I used Tina's HBC friendly installer, and I said Yes to IOS51, to Patch the signature, to update to the latest Wii Shop Channel. Everything said Installation complete. Done. But the Wii Shop Channel still didn't work, but it instead of getting a black screen now, it started sending me back to my Main Menu again. Then I installed the Safe 3.3 Updater, it said Installation Complete. Done. But Wii Shop Channel still didn't work.

Someone please tell me exactly what I have to do to get Wii Shop Channel working perfectly again, and if I need any more files, then please post them here in this thread. Your help would be MUCH appreciated. Thank You.

Thanks
    I got the same problem, each time I go to Wii Shop it returns me to the Health Warning/Wii Menu

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts
    The wii shop now uses IOS61 and there is a v18 of the shop channel in .wad form, I think install IOS61.wad then the shop channel wad and it should work. I'll post the link in a bit when its finished uploading.

Download here
    Last edited by Dogeggs; 01-06-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added link

Thanks
    thanks, let me see if it works for me

Edit: Yes It Worked!! thanks you very much, I installed the Ios64-64-nus then the RVL-shopping THANKS!

coolio86 you need to do this too!
    Last edited by Kid Koopa; 03-29-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: update

5. 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Koopa For This Useful Post

Thanks
    This happened to me but it might not be totally related to the problem you experienced because you had IOS61 work but what I found is I had to unplug my router and modem plugged them back in then everything loaded fine after that, I had tried for several hours before I figured that out.

Thanks
    KidKoopa, do I install IOS61, or do I install IOS64-64-nus, and RVL-Shopping? Please upload the files I need to install, and tell me what order to install them. Please, I couldn't find the files. And by the way, can I install the files through the HomeBrew Channel?

Thanks
    Oh yeah, the whole time, I had a DVD+R disk in my Wii with Pokemon Battle Revolution on it, does that matter, and please upload the files I need to this thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogeggs View Post
    The wii shop now uses IOS61 and there is a v16 of the shop channel in .wad form, I think install IOS61.wad then the shop channel wad and it should work. I'll post the link in a bit when its finished uploading.

This is the NTSC version of the shop channel and IOS61, sorry no PAL yet.
    this's for NTSC-U, not NTSC-J. Isn't it ?

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    this's for NTSC-U, not NTSC-J. Isn't it ?
    thought it was NTSC-U but its region free
    Last edited by Dogeggs; 04-22-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: changed shop thing

11. 1 User Says Thank You Dogeggs For This Useful Post

Thanks
    that's clear.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast