Thread: Distinguishing media error from Wasabi install error

Thanks

Distinguishing media error from Wasabi install error

I've got a wii w/ a D2E drivechip and a Wasabi zero solder mod. On power-up, the wasabi will give the correct red then solid green LED sequence. The wii will play factory pressed games with the mod installed. I cannot get the wii to read any burned version of the wasabi configuration iso available on their site. I've burned the iso onto + and - media, at max speed and min speed, with verify, and with DeepBurner, Roxio, and ImgBurn.

Is the wasabi, for sure putting the D2E in debug mode when the red/green sequence occurs? I'm trying to decide if i need to look into touching up the solder joints, or investigate other media burning issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,419 Times in 328 Posts
    and you are using the recommended media...I trust....verbatim dvd-r or Taiyo Yuden dvd-r...especially if you are having issues?

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

Thanks
    Yep. Verbatim DVD-R's. I've also tried Philips DVD-R, Windata DVD+R, and Verbatim DVD+R's. I tried re-downloading the wasabi 1.4b configuration iso from their website and reburning it, but no luck. I've also tried two different burners no....and still no luck. I've tried contacting the vendor I bought the wasabi chip from, but I haven't been able to get a reply from them yet.

Thanks
    I'm having similar problems, i burnt the 1.4B on a Verbatim DVD-R and it did nothing but a black screen when run. Instead the 1.4 works and I can setup some stuff. Still I can't play any burned games on my 3.4...

Thanks
    I'm not even getting a black screen in my case. Just an "unrecognizable disc" message. I'm also running 3.4.

Thanks
    Just an update to my situation. I order a new Wasabi Zero and everything worked fine. The discs that I had burned that wouldn't work with the 1st chip, worked fine with the 2nd chip. Apparently I had a bad chip even though it was still coming up with the correct LED sequence.