Thread: Wii won't recognize any games

Wii won't recognize any games

I have a Wii with the black Epoxy and have used a hot air gun to remove the Epoxy from the points I need to connect my Wasabi chip.

This went well, however before proceeding with the soldering of my Wasabi I thought I should try the Wii to make sure that it still works.

It boots up fine but when I install any game the drive is a little louder than normal and will not recignize any game.

Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem? Could it be that I applied to much heat while trying to remove Epoxy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

mlmace

Retired Site Artist
    Maybe post some pics so our more experienced modders can help you out.

u must verify Wii with authentic game disc.
    the drive is a little louder than normal -- may be the screws (of dvd-rom) were overtigthened. u could verify Wii by placing the dvd-rom in position without screw mount.
    any error code, when unread happens ? what's that ?
    overheat (normal hotgun) is not able to melt solder [melt point 280 degree c]. the dvd-rom makes noise, so, it's alive. yet, suggest u to closely check for broken etch on the board (i suspect u may hv applied a blade to remove epoxy residue...right ?)

I used an original games and still won't work.

The drive spins up then about 2 secs later it stops. I cleaned the laser eye and it appears to move freely.

As for removing the Epoxy I did use a exacto knife but I have verified the area and it is super clean just like nothing was ever there before. No cuts rips or broken legs at all. I have checked that over very well.

Is it normal for the drive to spin the dvd and then stop?

mlmace