Thread: homebrew/sd card problem

homebrew/sd card problem

For the first time ever i have put homebrew on a wii (3.4)(my sons)
    i want to be able to play games i have downloaded and burned to disc but im not sure what i have to put on the sd card or how to setup the card properly.
    I have tried to do it by watching it on utube but when i do it i must be going wrong somewhere as when i goto the homebrew and click start nothing comes up and thats what makes me think im going wrong somewhere.
    Now i have homebrew on the wii do i format the sd card and if so then what do i do.

I suggest you try making a folder titled "apps" on the root directory of your SD card. Then, download this and put it in the folder to get yourself started: Download | CodeMii

Once your done with all that, put your SD card back into the Wii and start the HBC channel again.
    YES! I finally finished my Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas port for Mac! I'm so happy

Banned
    Well since he 100% missed the other thing you asked I will answer you lol. You need to have the card formatted to FAT or FAT16 I believe it is. Also what size and brand is this card?

I GOT IT, i now have things like gecko n stuff appearing in the home brew channel, do i have to have played an original game and have a save file for it in order to play a game or is there a way to play the downloaded game ?
    If i click to install the apps do they save in a window like the news channel/photo channel or do they go away when i remove the sd card as im using my sons sd card for his ds , dont get me wrong i've saved all his ds stuff on the card to my pc.

why would you post homebrew ? in introductions... watch where you post

Please read through the tutorial section, for me to answer these questions that are already writen would create to much clutter

TUTORIALS HERE