Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to modding

New to modding

Hello everyone I am new to the boards and so far I must say the forums are very helpful

I just entered my serial number Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation

This wii is one of the older models I do know that I'm trying to figure out which is the best route for me to go when getting my wii modded what am I looking for I just really want majority or all games to be playable

Thank you

I recommend going the softmod route like me, mod chips are kinda troublesome. What system version is your Wii at?

read more b4 determination.
    that's all i could tell

It doesn't really matter if you softmod or chipmod, you'll get the same end result. It just depends on your preference in getting there!

Ahh thank you for the responses so yea I say I would go with the more simple route my wii is from 2006

I am really just looking into playing burned wii games by downloading them online

I know there any many ways but with anyone having hands on experience what would be the best route to go I am new to modding but not completely clueless

I am really considering the Drivekey it's no soldering and I believe it does what I want

yep the drivekeys great, jsut a tad expensive.

modchip is better than softmod >.> and the results AREN'T quite the same...

Yea I am willing to dish out 60-70 bucks for the DriveKey If I'm going to get results that I want I have been trying to look around on these forums for more information and Have not found to much but I'm curious if I download iso's and torrents am I able to burn it onto a DVD-R CD using imgburn and with the DriveKey being in my wii I would be able to play any game I wish correct?

$60~70 for Drivekey
    $30~40 for LG/Pioneer DVD-multiwriter
    $15 for pak of dvd-r
    1x iso downloaded
    20~30 minutes of ImgBurn process
    Sum up = playable games u wish
    many but not any

p.s. soldering is superior than clip for junior
    Last edited by billyhome; 02-26-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Okay so if I purchase this DriveKey I cant use my current dvd drive which is LITE-ON DVDRW-LH20A1L

I have imgburn installed and I've all ready started downloading iso's preparing my self also I was going to go with these dvd's to burn

Newegg.com - Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc - CD / DVD Media

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast