Thread: What is the Custom MIOS?

Question What is the Custom MIOS?

Hey, just a noob wondering what people are using Waninkoko's Custom MIOS rev03 for? i think i installed rev01 when i installed the gamecube back up launcher but now rev 02 and 03 have been realeased? do i still need em? do i install it one by one or skip rev02 and just install rev03? any help would be appreciated thanx.

MK Contestant
    Priority Support Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natal View Post
    Hey, just a noob wondering what people are using Waninkoko's Custom MIOS rev03 for? i think i installed rev01 when i installed the gamecube back up launcher but now rev 02 and 03 have been realeased? do i still need em? do i install it one by one or skip rev02 and just install rev03? any help would be appreciated thanx.
    I bet they are revisions of the same piece of software otherwise it would be MIOS V1.1 so you can go right to rev03 and skip 02

any idea what the revisions are?

MK Contestant
    Priority Support Member
    well the rev03 would be the current revision whereas rev02 would be the old one. I would just use rev03

I posted a similar thread asking what exactly the custom mios was and did becuase from his site all it tells u is that rev03 fixes all the games that didnt work in rev01 and rev02.

thanx, that was the response i was looking for. Rev03 applies to the games, cool. I wish they did explain more about the hacking programs for those of us who dont make em or are one time hackers. I would like to know more about what CMIOS did and how it werked, and what it does in the hardware when running or installing... i would like to know but then again, just maybe that information would end up in the wrong hands (i.e. nintendo) and there goes everyones hacking fun, heh.