Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasabi Zero - Noob Alert!

Wasabi Zero - Noob Alert!

Please forgive me if I've not been able to find the right info while searching – after 3 hours of searching the internet (2 of them here on this site), I'm still not sure what the problem might be...

Wasabi Zero w/clip came in the mail yesterday so I installed it...

DIPs set: ON-OFF-OFF-OFF (I'm in Canada with a D2C drive chip)

Powered on: Red LED briefly, off, solid green

Reassembled and powered on: Reads/plays valid original game discs

Inserted Wasabi Config 1.4 DVD: Boots (shows GC welcome screen), changed import update blocker to 'enabled'

Inserted Wii Music 'Backup' (PAL) Disc: Wii Music Welcome screen shows and then black-screen on start. This is the only 'backup' disc I have so far, but it is a good Verbatim DVD-R and I did burn it at 2X. I also tried a Memorex with the same results.

It was my understanding that the Wasabi Zero in a US/NTSC Wii should play these PAL game backups... or am I missing something or some step? Do I need to do something to the PAL .iso before burning?

I'm also on a Mac if that makes any difference to the problem or resolution of it.

I won't be a noob for long -- promise.

Hey wassup Noob
    Well so far I have installed 5 Wasabi Zero's bro...
    And guess what.. 3 of them tried using the WiiClip..
    So the issue may be there man.. Sorry to tell ya..
    Find someone in your area to get a pro install...
    I would do it for ya.. if you felt confortable shipping your
    Wii to me "here in the States, FL - Orlando" ...then im here bro...

Quote Originally Posted by §piktsµ View Post
    Hey wassup Noob
    Well so far I have installed 5 Wasabi Zero's bro...
    And guess what.. 3 of them tried using the WiiClip..
    So the issue may be there man.. Sorry to tell ya..
    Find someone in your area to get a pro install...
    I would do it for ya.. if you felt confortable shipping your
    Wii to me "here in the States, FL - Orlando" ...then im here bro...
    [url=http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-mods-repairs-orlando-fl/4917-wii-mods-repairs-orlando-fl-feedback.html]
    i guess i will vouch for ya this time, even though i havent got mine back yet....... spiktsu sent me 4 pics of mine cant wait on snail mail to bring it to me

Thanx brother
    I have a feeling it will be there tomorrow..

#3..the correct answer

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee63 View Post
    Please forgive me if I've not been able to find the right info while searching – after 3 hours of searching the internet (2 of them here on this site), I'm still not sure what the problem might be...

Wasabi Zero w/clip came in the mail yesterday so I installed it...

DIPs set: ON-OFF-OFF-OFF (I'm in Canada with a D2C drive chip)

Powered on: Red LED briefly, off, solid green

Reassembled and powered on: Reads/plays valid original game discs

Inserted Wasabi Config 1.4 DVD: Boots (shows GC welcome screen), changed import update blocker to 'enabled'

Inserted Wii Music 'Backup' (PAL) Disc: Wii Music Welcome screen shows and then black-screen on start. This is the only 'backup' disc I have so far, but it is a good Verbatim DVD-R and I did burn it at 2X. I also tried a Memorex with the same results.

It was my understanding that the Wasabi Zero in a US/NTSC Wii should play these PAL game backups... or am I missing something or some step? Do I need to do something to the PAL .iso before burning?

I'm also on a Mac if that makes any difference to the problem or resolution of it.

I won't be a noob for long -- promise.

#00's wasabi zeros with clips.....only 2 not working...my carelessness screwed the clip contacts up

• it reads the wasabi disk....so it has nothing to do with the clip.....and chip is working correctly

• wii music PAL will not work until you update the firmware on your wii>>>recommend 1/ update with a new North american game..(real new)..

• your PAL wii music now will play if you burnt it correctly

Last edited by ModderMan; 02-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ModderMan

• wii music PAL will not work until you update the firmware on your wii>>>recommend 1/ update with a new North american game..(real new)..

• your PAL wii music now will play if you burnt it correctly

So what type of disk can I update with? I've played Rockband 2 since the chip install and it's still no-go. Or do I need to run a Nintendo game?

And as for the burning of the disc I just did it to Verbatim and Memorex media at 2x. Was there something else I should have done to it that I missed?

a backup of a brand new release north american games for a north american wii....will do the trick...

burn with disc utility... not toast or that other one with the verbatim

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ModderMan View Post
    a backup of a brand new release north american games for a north american wii....will do the trick...

burn with disc utility... not toast or that other one with the verbatim
    Tried that. The Wii Music disc asked to update. I updated and now I have the double News and Forecast channels. See I'm a noob! But I'm getting better -- I now know that I'm semi-bricked.

So now what? I can still access my settings but will this cause me further problems?
    Last edited by SeaBee63; 02-13-2009 at 06:15 AM.

Ha! No longer a n00b!!!! But close!

HBC installed - thanks to EOC's tut. Duplicate channels removed - thanks to waninkoko's Duplicate Channel Remover. And thanks for your assistance ModderMan.

And thanks to all those out there that developed and continue to develop the Homebrew solutions.
    Last edited by SeaBee63; 02-13-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast