Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Wasabi Zero - Noob Alert!

  1. #1

    Wasabi Zero - Noob Alert!

    Please forgive me if I've not been able to find the right info while searching – after 3 hours of searching the internet (2 of them here on this site), I'm still not sure what the problem might be...

    Wasabi Zero w/clip came in the mail yesterday so I installed it...

    DIPs set: ON-OFF-OFF-OFF (I'm in Canada with a D2C drive chip)

    Powered on: Red LED briefly, off, solid green

    Reassembled and powered on: Reads/plays valid original game discs

    Inserted Wasabi Config 1.4 DVD: Boots (shows GC welcome screen), changed import update blocker to 'enabled'

    Inserted Wii Music 'Backup' (PAL) Disc: Wii Music Welcome screen shows and then black-screen on start. This is the only 'backup' disc I have so far, but it is a good Verbatim DVD-R and I did burn it at 2X. I also tried a Memorex with the same results.

    It was my understanding that the Wasabi Zero in a US/NTSC Wii should play these PAL game backups... or am I missing something or some step? Do I need to do something to the PAL .iso before burning?

    I'm also on a Mac if that makes any difference to the problem or resolution of it.

    I won't be a noob for long -- promise.

  2. #2
    New Member §piktsµ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL - USA
    Posts
    548
    Hey wassup Noob
    Well so far I have installed 5 Wasabi Zero's bro...
    And guess what.. 3 of them tried using the WiiClip..
    So the issue may be there man.. Sorry to tell ya..
    Find someone in your area to get a pro install...
    I would do it for ya.. if you felt confortable shipping your
    Wii to me "here in the States, FL - Orlando" ...then im here bro...


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by §piktsµ View Post
    Hey wassup Noob
    Well so far I have installed 5 Wasabi Zero's bro...
    And guess what.. 3 of them tried using the WiiClip..
    So the issue may be there man.. Sorry to tell ya..
    Find someone in your area to get a pro install...
    I would do it for ya.. if you felt confortable shipping your
    Wii to me "here in the States, FL - Orlando" ...then im here bro...
    [url=http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-mods-repairs-orlando-fl/4917-wii-mods-repairs-orlando-fl-feedback.html]
    i guess i will vouch for ya this time, even though i havent got mine back yet....... spiktsu sent me 4 pics of mine cant wait on snail mail to bring it to me

  4. #4
    New Member §piktsµ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL - USA
    Posts
    548
    Thanx brother
    I have a feeling it will be there tomorrow..

  5. #5
    Admin / Super Mod ModderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    8,841

    #3..the correct answer

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee63 View Post
    Please forgive me if I've not been able to find the right info while searching – after 3 hours of searching the internet (2 of them here on this site), I'm still not sure what the problem might be...

    Wasabi Zero w/clip came in the mail yesterday so I installed it...

    DIPs set: ON-OFF-OFF-OFF (I'm in Canada with a D2C drive chip)

    Powered on: Red LED briefly, off, solid green

    Reassembled and powered on: Reads/plays valid original game discs

    Inserted Wasabi Config 1.4 DVD: Boots (shows GC welcome screen), changed import update blocker to 'enabled'

    Inserted Wii Music 'Backup' (PAL) Disc: Wii Music Welcome screen shows and then black-screen on start. This is the only 'backup' disc I have so far, but it is a good Verbatim DVD-R and I did burn it at 2X. I also tried a Memorex with the same results.

    It was my understanding that the Wasabi Zero in a US/NTSC Wii should play these PAL game backups... or am I missing something or some step? Do I need to do something to the PAL .iso before burning?

    I'm also on a Mac if that makes any difference to the problem or resolution of it.

    I won't be a noob for long -- promise.

    #00's wasabi zeros with clips.....only 2 not working...my carelessness screwed the clip contacts up




    • it reads the wasabi disk....so it has nothing to do with the clip.....and chip is working correctly


    • wii music PAL will not work until you update the firmware on your wii>>>recommend 1/ update with a new North american game..(real new)..


    • your PAL wii music now will play if you burnt it correctly

    Last edited by ModderMan; 02-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.

    Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ModderMan

    • wii music PAL will not work until you update the firmware on your wii>>>recommend 1/ update with a new North american game..(real new)..


    • your PAL wii music now will play if you burnt it correctly

    So what type of disk can I update with? I've played Rockband 2 since the chip install and it's still no-go. Or do I need to run a Nintendo game?

    And as for the burning of the disc I just did it to Verbatim and Memorex media at 2x. Was there something else I should have done to it that I missed?

  7. #7
    Admin / Super Mod ModderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    8,841
    a backup of a brand new release north american games for a north american wii....will do the trick...


    burn with disc utility... not toast or that other one with the verbatim

    Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ModderMan View Post
    a backup of a brand new release north american games for a north american wii....will do the trick...


    burn with disc utility... not toast or that other one with the verbatim
    Tried that. The Wii Music disc asked to update. I updated and now I have the double News and Forecast channels. See I'm a noob! But I'm getting better -- I now know that I'm semi-bricked.

    So now what? I can still access my settings but will this cause me further problems?
    Last edited by SeaBee63; 02-13-2009 at 06:15 AM.

  9. #9
    Ha! No longer a n00b!!!! But close!

    HBC installed - thanks to EOC's tut. Duplicate channels removed - thanks to waninkoko's Duplicate Channel Remover. And thanks for your assistance ModderMan.

  10. #10
    And thanks to all those out there that developed and continue to develop the Homebrew solutions.
    Last edited by SeaBee63; 02-13-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •