PS3 HDD Loader for PS2 GAMES READ
you will need to search the www for the app
This is a tutorial on how to boot Playstation 2 ISO's on the PS3 via external HDD. The original founder of this method was ifcaro, this tutorial is a step-by-step method on how to get PS2 ISO's to run on your PS3. Original thread can be viewed here. PS3Hax takes no responsibility of damage caused to your PS3 through this method, and all information here is for informational/educational purposes only. This tutorial isalmost identical to the NTSC/JAP systems you can read that guide here.
How to play PS2 ISO's on PS3 via USBAdvance (for PAL SYSTEMS ONLY)
What you need:
* Swap Magic 3.6+/3.8(Purchase from the web) (Must be actual copy, burned copies do NOT work).
* Launch PS3 PAL PS2 (60gb units)
* Flash Drive (PSP in USB MODE will also work).
1. Download the USBAdvance Tutorial File Pack [PAL].
2. Extract the contents of the folder USBADVANCE to the root of your flash drive.
3. Place the Playstation 2 ISO's of your choice to your external HDD/flash drive. You need to have them properly formmated and copied over via USBUtil(is included in file you downloaded above). If you are not sure how to do this, there is a quick tutorial that guides you through the process. Make sure your USB/Flash drive is plugged into your PS3.
4. Boot up SWAPMAGIC and once loaded into the menu screen, people who are using swapmagic v3.6 press UP (on D-Pad)+L2 on your PS3 controller to browse through your flash drive. People that are using Swapmagic v3.8 go to the SMBOOT menu and select uLaunch from there. In the pack provided uLaunch is SMBOOT1. Go to configure, select any button you want (I usually use X or O), go to MISC and select FILEBROWSER binding it to the selected button, go down and hit ok. Now go to the browser. (Props to Crono for telling us how to use v3.8 Swapmagic). If you are unable to view your flash drive, then it is not compatible (use another one).
5. USB Loader should start running now. And there you have it, if you followed this tutorial properly you should see the Playstation 2 ISO's there and just click and launch
Copying backups to your USB Drive
1. Format your external drive/usb drive to FAT/FAT16/FAT32 format.
2. In the download pack you downloaded there should be a folder called USBUtil, go inside that and run the EXE.
3. Go to FILE and click on "OPEN ISO to create game".
4. Search and click on your PS2 backup, and click CREATE.
5. The program will now copy the ISO over to your pendrive (it takes some time).
Q: Does this work on my 40gb/80gb PAL/NTSC/JAP System? And will it ever?
A: No. No. No. No. No. No method has been released yet for these systems and unsure when in future.
Q: Does this work on NTSC PS3's?
A: Yes read: Load PS2 ISO's on PS3 via USBADVANCE (External HDD) [20/60gb NTSC/JAP SKU] - PS3HaX Network - PS3 Hacks
Q: But my PS3 is backwards compatible, why doesn't this work?
A: It does not work with SOFTWARE EMULATION (which is what your PS3 most likely has). If its not a "launch unit" it will NOT WORK RIGHT NOW.
Q: How do I know if my unit is a LAUNCH UNIT?
A: If your PAL then its the 60gb SKU.
Q: Does this work on NTSC PS3's?
A: Yes - launch units only. )
Q: Will it work on a PS3 with no Emotion Engine?
A: No not yet.
Q: Does this boot from PS3 internal HDD?
A: No you need a external.
Q: What version of SWAP MAGIC do I need?
A: 3.6+ or 3.8
Q: Where can I buy Swap Magic?
A: Here and here.
Q: Swap Magic cant see my USB for somereason
A: It is probably not compatible, buy another one.
Here is the SUPER EASY method to run USB Loader.
1. Create a folder on a compatible USB Device (ie: PSP) called SWAPMAGIC.
2. Place the USBLD_0.2b.elf file in this folder and rename it SMBOOT0.elf
3. If you are using the same drive to boot the game from place it in the root of the drive.
4. Load Swap Magic with the USB Device in the FIRST USB port.
5. Press UP and L1 and USB Loader should boot.
6. Press X for a PAL console or O for a NTSC console
7. Wait for USB Loader to boot and select your game.
[Tutorial] Injecting Backups form Pendrive to USBLD [Tutorial]
Well, we started: lol:
The first thing is to have a pendrive in FAT/FAT16/FAT32 formats.
Now we introduce you to the backup program we've made for our game, USBUtil (others but I have not tested the method is the same in theory are all virtually identical)
USBUtil 1.02 English (thanks to ISEKO)
Well once we USBUtil and open the backup USBUtil (thanks to the ISEKO app) and go up to the file menu and click on "Open ISO to create the game" and seek the path where the backup is our selected and in another section select the pendrive (if space is not notified to us) once this is done and choose a name we give to "create" hope to end and you're back in our pendrive no more complication: lol:
[Tutorial] How to load the USBLD_0.2 [Tutorial]
Well the first thing we have is we have created a Virtual Mc PS2 completely free and Swap Magic 3.6 or 3.8. Others are useless.
Well the first thing on our pendrive create a folder called "SWAPMAGIC" (without quotation marks (there's always a question: lol) and get inside the ULE (posted here in forum) and USBLD_0.2 (posted here in forum)
and now we introduce the USBD.irx either Mc virtual adapter Mcs PS2 game or an original (with the Eye Toy Ps2 version 0.17.0) PS: the usbd.irx can also ask for anyone Mp that it has gotten into your Ps3
Once this is done well will be renamed to:
uLE = SMBOOT0.elf
USBLD_0.2 = SMBOOT1.elf
PS: you can move from 0 to 3 are the commands
SMBOOT0 = Arriba + L1
SMBOOT1 = Arriba + L2
SMBOOT2 = Arriba + R1
SMBOOT3 = Arriba + R2
either start the Swap Magic and the loading screen applications for the ULE SMBOOT0 select and create the folder BEDATA-SYSTEM (if a PAL) in our virtual copy Mc usbd.irx to and select it and load the ULE instead of setting usbd.irx in ULE
PS: If you also want to read the external hard drives aħadidle the usb_mass.irx
Once done all this we can start the USBLD or make any move by the Mc ULE (remember that usbd.irx must be
BEDATA-SYSTEM = PAL
BADATA-SYSTEM = USA
BIDATA-SYSTEM = JAP
Last edited by ricky_uk1; 02-08-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Reason: edited link
jesus not alloed to post the rar ???
Last edited by ricky_uk1; 02-08-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Reason: no attachment ????