Noob questions about modchip and region games..
Hey guys, so I need some help answering some questions, as I've seemed to find different answers to some of them and I would really like to be sure.
I bought a WiiKey2 and should be receiving it in a few days.
Wii: NTSC GC2-D2C
1. With the yellow sticker WiiKey2 and my driveset, I only need to solder points A B C G 3.3V and GD, correct?
2. After installing the chip, I place a game thats from my region (NTSC) to activate the regionfree?
3. With regionfree activated, can I assume that I can play any region games (PAL, NTSC-j) that I burned without being scared of bricking or other problems? Is there anything else I have to do?
4. Do I update my WiiKey2 to 1.2 before or after placing a game from my region in?
5. After the chip, and updating it, Is this all I really need to do to be able to play properly burned games from different regions? Except of course, keeping up with updates?
I apologize if the questions are common, but I hoped to be better safe then sorry, so I had to ask. Sorry for the length, and thanks again!
based off the drive
more or less
enable region update blocking
no, depends the game
Originally Posted by Tesla
That is correct
Region NTSC or PAL
I too would like to know if the wiikey will allow PAL games to be played on NTSC unit. Should I only look for back ups of my games that are NTSC or can I download and play PAL versions?