Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendont Guide - USB Loading GameCube Games On Wii U (And Wii)

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 989 Posts

Nintendont Guide - USB Loading GameCube Games On Wii U (And Wii)

No lol. I should probably register on GBAtemp since they're basically the home forum for it.

Edit: All my testing shows me that it is because of the native controller. I use the native controller on the old Wii, games tell me the memory card is damaged, I use a Bluetooth controller (i.e. Classic con plugged into the wiimote) and that very same "damaged" memory card file works with no issue. It must be something to do with Nintendont itself, that's all I can figure. Bottom line, it won't let me share the card between systems if I use native controllers on the old Wii.

Thanks
    What is this GBAtemp you speak of???

It's odd. I wouldn't think the controller would matter as far as saving is concerned.

VWA
    Thanks

Nintendont Guide - USB Loading GameCube Games On Wii U (And Wii)

I wouldn't have thought so either. But it seems like the only possibility.

Edit: my best guess is it has more to do with the apps config files than the app itself. Perhaps the way the emulated memory works requires it to access the config file and when it sees a different controller being used than what's in the config file it gets confused. That's my guess anyway.

Thanks
    Man, it's been a number of years since I've last visited and it's amazing there is now the ability to play GC games through USB HDD?! Nice write up, got this running no prob in less than 5 mins. One question though, concerning this comment you made:

Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    One such thing I did was setup and enabled full NAND saves and channel emulation so nothing gets written to the vWii memory anymore (hopefully this will prolong the life of the system).
    Is this pertaining to a virtual memory card setup? Or does launching the standalone app write to the Wii's NAND? It's been a long while since I've fired up Homebrew, hah.
    Last edited by wiiLike2Hacks; 10-03-2016 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

-Wii Menu 4.2U / DARKCORP v1.1 / BootMii as boot2 / Preloader v0.30-
    -USB HDD / Wiiflow 2.0 / Triiforce / VC Image-Pack / cIOS Wads-
    Support WiiHacks

VWA
    Thanks
    Nintendont never writes to the Wii/vWii NAND. That particular comment was actually a generalize comment about USB Loader GX, most specifically with running Wii games. Normally, Wii games will save to the Wii's internal memory. But you can enable NAND so it saves to the hard drive or SD card instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post

VWA
    Thanks
    Just a little update, it actually is possible to convert a Devolution memcard.bin file to use for Nintendont. The reason I originally thought it wouldn't work was a mismatch in my memory card sizes I didn't notice. My Devolution card for whatever reason was a 16mb card (which is a 2000+ block card) while with Nintendont I was trying to use a 8mb 1,019 block card. That mismatch in the card sizes confused things and made the card appear as corrupt.

To reiterate, Devolution cards are 100% compatible with Nintendont, you just need to rename them to ninmem.raw.

I'll probably add something about this into the guide when I have more time, but for now a little "heads up" post will suffice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Just a little update, it actually is possible to convert a Devolution memcard.bin file to use for Nintendont. The reason I originally thought it wouldn't work was a mismatch in my memory card sizes I didn't notice. My Devolution card for whatever reason was a 16mb card (which is a 2000+ block card) while with Nintendont I was trying to use a 8mb 1,019 block card. That mismatch in the card sizes confused things and made the card appear as corrupt.

To reiterate, Devolution cards are 100% compatible with Nintendont, you just need to rename them to ninmem.raw.

I'll probably add something about this into the guide when I have more time, but for now a little "heads up" post will suffice.
    This guide should really be moved to the GUIDES & TUTORIALS forum if not a redirect would also be nice.

It a bugger to find.

VWA
    Thanks
    It should be there already and stickied. I'll check when I get home.

Thanks
    Nope We have Dios and Devo there but Nintendont is still in handheld do to the WiiU.

VWA
    Thanks
    Oh. Yeah I have the Nintendont guide stickied in the Wii U guides section.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast