Thread: Compile SNES9X GX to auto-load a specific game?

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 959 Posts

Compile SNES9X GX to auto-load a specific game?

I've always been curious about this, I know it can be done (I've heard of people doing it) I just can't find any info on how.

So what I would like to do is to compile SNES9X GX to automatically load Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, which I then want to insert the newly compiled emulator into a VC channel wad along with the game rom ripped from my cartridge.

In simpler terms, since the official emulator in the actual VC wads cannot handle Yoshi's Island I want to replace it with an emu that can thus having an official looking VC version of Yoshi's Island.

Why do I want to so this when I can just load it with the emulator directly? For the fun of it of course. I realize it would be much easier to just load the game manually but the way I want to do it would be much more fun and nicer looking.

Anyway, if anyone understands what I'm getting at (I hope I explained it well), I would appreciate any info you can provide. I'm really trying to deepen my tech knowledge in any way I can.

If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

Thanks
    My guess would be that you took the code used to boot the game and simply inserted it in front of everything else. I haven't looked at the source though, so I'm not sure if it would work or not. I'm actually interested in this myself now, might look at it later.

VWA
    Thanks
    If you do, let me know. I'm still a n00b with C programming so I'm would know where to get the code your talking about inserting before everything else...nor would I know which file to insert it into lol.

Thanks
    I'll probably go poking around the source after I try out Autodesk Maya for rigging brawl hacks, I'm working on a project that, as far as I know, has not been made yet. I had to look for a very, very long time for the model.

VWA
    Thanks
    No problem. Take your time