Thread: Help with fresh install (I think I messed up my IOS)

Help with fresh install (I think I messed up my IOS)

So, I was having issues with my newly softmodded Wii (every game booted from my USB hard drive would freeze after a minute or so), so I looked up possible solutions. I tried updating the IOS's via tutorials for d2x and Herme's IOS, but I think I made a mistake, and installed to slot that I wasn't supposed to (the guide said to use that slot to launch it, but I misunderstood it). Now, my previously working NeoGamma, USB Loader GX, etc are non functioning. I try to open them, then I am booted back to my Wii menu.

So that leads to my question, how do I go about reverting those changes? I figured the easiest way would to be going through the steps I originally took to softmod my Wii. Is this correct? I followed the following guide to softmod: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html . What steps should I take to reset my IOS's to the way the were before I tried updating them with d2x and Herme's IOS?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    yes that is correct, redo the guide. I would also consider that your usb hdd might be going into sleep mode if all games are stopping after 1 minute

Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    yes that is correct, redo the guide. I would also consider that your usb hdd might be going into sleep mode if all games are stopping after 1 minute
    Is there a setting I should change in my USB loader program to counteract the possible sleep timer? I bought the hard drive because it was on a list of working hard drives.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    That would require a manufacturer program, redo the guide and test first and maybe try an alternative drive or usb stick just to rule it out