Thread: Wii vs ouya for emulators

Wii vs ouya for emulators

Hey guys
    I rescently got my wii going with roms and emulators.. While most run well n64 is poor and i have not even tried psx yet. Originally i was debating a ouya and wondered how it compared? Does anyone have both or tried ouya for emulation?what are its capabilities?
    Sent from my GT-S5690R using Tapatalk 2

WiiHacks Staff
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    I bought an OUYA at launch and regret every minute of it. I think it's gotten maybe 5 minutes of play time and has been collecting dust ever since.

The controllers are too squishy for my liking.

Other than that, I've not tried the emulators.
    [spoiler=Click Below for recommended Links]
    Guides:

Download the latest:
    Latest Loaders CFG v70r65
    GX r1226
    WiiFlow 4.2.1
    Other downloads DM/DML 2.11
    [/spoiler]

i mainly got OUYA for XBMC and emulators and have no regrets. the emus have a high compatibility except for N64. the controller isn't that great but you can use a PS3 controller with it. depending on the emu you want it may come at a cost although i know the android version of retro arch works with ouya which has support for almost any game console you are looking for

strange.. i have a poor phone with android (Armv7 1ghz with 512mb ram) and n64oid emulate very well mario64, i haven't try lot of games but mario64 run perfect...
    wii can emulate some n64 games very well, have some problem with big cps2 roms (mem issue), but 16bit era is 99% emulated on wii.
    With wii u can have a 480p medium mediacenter (off course is useless play 1080p mkv on 480p console, ffmpeg or mencorder is your friend..), u can play all wii and gc games from backups, emulator, wiiware, VC, u can watch youtube and other streaming site.. is good for 50$ (the price of used wii today...)
    Last edited by naxil; 05-15-2014 at 02:04 AM.

WiiHacks Staff
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Note, I think he means "With Wii, you can have a 480p ..." vs. "With wii u ..." I thought he was talking about a Wii U until he started talking about a $50 price tag.
    [spoiler=Click Below for recommended Links]
    Guides:

Download the latest:
    Latest Loaders CFG v70r65
    GX r1226
    WiiFlow 4.2.1
    Other downloads DM/DML 2.11
    [/spoiler]

U isn't YOU.. write...

Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Note, I think he means "With Wii, you can have a 480p ..." vs. "With wii u ..." I thought he was talking about a Wii U until he started talking about a $50 price tag.
    sorry.. i need to write YOU instead of stupid U

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    Lol, that's why I don't use short hand text

If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct