Thread: puzzling..

puzzling..

hey all i followed the guide to hack any wii but i still get the disc error when tryn to run agamein neo gamma... i recently found out that there are drives that are not able to run back up games.. can some one trell me if my game can run back up i went to the site an ttyped my seriial number this is what i get.....

There is a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip.
    And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2R-D2A.
    Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is Combined GC2-D3 with no drive chip

is it by anychance that they are the chipset that can't play back up?

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    D3-2 or D4 cannot play backups via optical disc. The Wii would have to be about five years old (production unit-wise) in order to be capable of this. Any Wii can still use a USB HD.

thank you for the reply so does that mean my drive is able to run back up games from the disc?

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Not sure how my previous reply remains unclear to you. Generally I find the serial database underplays percentages. If it says 50% chance, more like 100% chance. Beyond that, since you don't mention this individual unit's age, wouldn't that be something you'd know (unless second or third hand unit)?

yea it's 2nd hand an it looks pretty old so i don't know never really bothered to ask to be honest.. ok i understand what your saying now sorry about that i was thinking that when you said d3-2 was just the description by itself, without the Gc2 at the begining... Sorry about that am a little slow today :-(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shadydawg
    yea it's 2nd hand an it looks pretty old so i don't know never really bothered to ask to be honest.. ok i understand what your saying now sorry about that i was thinking that when you said d3-2 was just the description by itself, without the Gc2 at the begining... Sorry about that am a little slow today :-(
    No need for apologies.

We all were noobs at one point and time!

Jax

Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks