Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ripping old Gameboy and Gbc games via USB

Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA

Ripping old Gameboy and Gbc games via USB

Is it possible? I currently have a GB Transfer 2 but it doesn't seem to be working right and I really need to back up my Gameboy Cameras save as it has some extremely important pictures that I need to preserve.

Gameboy camera?!?! That was cool back in the 90s.

Yes but are rom backup devices allowed to be discussed?

VWA
    As long as it's not being used for piracy (which it isn't...though I may upload the pictures to Facebook lol) then it should be fine...I don't recall it being covered in the rules. All I really need is if someone else has GB transfer 2 to tell me which position to set the switch for GB/GBC. It has 3 positions and the label fell off so I don't know which position does what.

As I said, these pictures are of extreme importance to me and cannot be replaced if the Camera battery dies so backing them up is highest priority.

Ps, The GB Camera was awesome! I used to make stop-motion short films with it lmao.

So if I were to define a backup device it would be fine.
    With these devices there is a chance of file corruption.

Would you be able to use a digital camera to snap close up photo of your data or print with the GB printer?

VWA
    I have printed the picture with GB printer but the problem is the paper fades over time till it becomes purely white destroying the images. I could use a real camera to snap a shot of my GB screen while viewing the image but the issue with that is getting a good shot without shadow or glare and still capturing the image at an angle that doesn't distort it.

Do you have a Mega Memory Card? That is a way I found that allows you to copy to your computer.
    Softmod 4.2 US
    Games Played From a HDD

VWA
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life
    Do you have a Mega Memory Card? That is a way I found that allows you to copy to your computer.
    I have an old pelican mega memory card. How would that help rip the saves to my computer though?

Edit: this right?

image-357001739.jpg

Softmod 4.2 US
    Games Played From a HDD

VWA
    All is working now just had to use a different USB cable.

Extremely happy to have saved the pictures before it was too late. Now if I can find a way to "clean" them up, that would be epic.

Well I'm glad I could help How would you like to clean them up? I'm pretty good with photoshop and I could help you and give advice as well.
    Softmod 4.2 US
    Games Played From a HDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast