Thread: Help with wiiflow loading games

Help with wiiflow loading games

I just softmodded my wii tonight (yay!) and I went to the homebrew browser and downloaded snes9gx. I then took a backup of super mario world and put it under sd:/snes9gx/roms/supermario but whenever I go into wiiflow it says that there are no games to load. If I go into homebrew channel and launch snes9gx I am able to find and load my backup there, but not in wiiflow. What am I doing wrong? Also, why do I have to keep my sd card in the wii in order for wiiflow, etc. to work? Isn't there a way to have it on the system memory? Or is it not worth it? Thanks!

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Pretty sure WiiFlow is for Wii backups (as opposed to emulator/homebrew).

I've seen videos of people that have emulators in wiiflow. Wiiflow consolidates everything into one channel and then you choose the system...or so I thought

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    That it's correct, wiiflow can consolidate all, and there is a guide in the recommend tutorials section, I personally use usb loader gx but each to their own

Sent from my C6603 using WiiHacks

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Thanks for the correction, Pob --- I'm not an emulator guy (next time I'll consult the guide first, lol!)

OP: look here.

Thanks for linking to that quide. OK, so wiiflow will not work with an emulator that I download from HBB and I must use the wiiflow plugin pack, correct? Or can I take the SNES emulator program on my SD card that I downloaded via HBB and stick it in the wiiflow folder? Thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    @supreme:

If it doesn't say in the guide, perhaps the place to ask is in the guide previously linked? MM may or may not have a point or two clear, I've never really looked that close at it (mostly because I'm a pretty boring guy who doesn't do too adventurous of things like that