Thread: Receiving "error" message with Wii original games

Receiving "error" message with Wii original games

Hi

I have a Wii from launch. it is softmodded and i am running ver 4.1u. Until yesterday my son had no problem running any of his games, whether it was an ISO or original cd. Since this morning, any cd i put (ISO or Original Wii cd), i get to see the title show up on the wii home screen but when i try to load the game i get the error message saying i need to eject and consult the manual. Sometimes the games load the intro screen and then this message comes up. I did some research and found that often it is the lazer lens in the wii that gets dirty or doesnt work anymore. I also noticed that it takes some more time to load the cd than usual.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know i can purchase the replacement lazer lens from ebay but i just want to make sure i am going in the right direction before i start.
    Thanks for any suggestion.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    I would say that was a pretty decent guess, and would add that u should look into usb loading your games

Sent from my C6603 using WiiHacks

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I havent been on the scene for awhile so can you please guide me to where i should start reading to do my loads with USB?
    I am presently using modmii 4.4.0 (i think). I usually burn my games on cd so my son can play them. But now he cant event play the original ones.

Thanks for the info.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    If u wish to usb load follow the soft mod any Wii guide then use the fat32 guide to prepare your hard drive

Sent from my C6603 using WiiHacks

Hi
    Any links to follow for the soft mod?
    Thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks