Thread: Getting a error 1029 when trying to install virtual console game.

Getting a error 1029 when trying to install virtual console game.

I have been searching online for the last 3 hours and have not been able to find something that works. What does 1029 mean? I updated everything using ModMii about 6 months ago and this is the first time since the update i tried to use a wad. Is there a way around this? i am on system menu 4.1U. Is there a newer was manager out...I have 1.7 installed and I also used YAWMM rev25 and both gave me the error.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    You more than likely have a bad wad.

1029:
    Wad Install Error: Installed Ticket/TMD is invalid.

Thank you. I will check some others out ^_^

ok...i have tried "RE-Ripping & Trying" to install My zelda ocarina of time "Back-Up Wad" out and i keep getting the same error. Some old and some new sources. So far it seems to just be giving me the error on this game. I dont know what else to do. i had it installed before but the wad backup weld down with some harddrives. Could there be a different IOS to use than 249? Or can someone pm me a "Any Idea's" that I can try out to see if it is just my console.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-22-2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Cleaned Up!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akira022 View Post
    ok...i have tried several zelda ocarina of time wads out and i keep getting the same error. Some old and some new sources. So far it seems to just be giving me the error on this game. I dont know what else to do. i had it installed before but the wad backup weld down with some harddrives. Could there be a different IOS to use than 249? Or can someone pm me a trusted wad that I can try out to see if it is just my console.
    No! We can-not provide "Illegal" content....

Yes! You can use Cios236,250 and Ios36, but I don't think this will solve your problem.
    Please post that system check.

Can you please post a System Check?Link->How Run & Post A System Check.

Jax.

ok...i got it to work. I was talking to my best friend last night and he reminded me that I had backed up my sd card to drop box at one point in time. I havent been on drop box for about a year so i forgot about it. So...why would it do one but not the other