Thread: Still getting disk read error.

Still getting disk read error.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but our Wii won't read disks. I cleaned the optical lens with the official Wii cleaning kit -- no luck. Then I followed the instructions online to bend the retaining clip back to level. Still no luck. What's next? Have it repaired professionally/trash it? Or is there a home-fix No. 3 for me?

Thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Probably the easiest and cheapest method is to use USB loading. Off course, you will need to softmod your wii and need a USB HDD to load the games. To get the games on the HDD, you have three different options. The first option in to use the wii of a friend (which also need to be softmodded) to rip the games to usb. The second option would be to download them somewhere, but depending on the laws in your country/state it might be considered illegal, even if you do own the games and they can be hard to find.
    The third option would be to dump them using a PC, but there are only some drives that are capable of this and I don't think they are still being produced. Off course, you could also simply let someone fix the drive.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by noahl View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but our Wii won't read disks. I cleaned the optical lens with the official Wii cleaning kit -- no luck. Then I followed the instructions online to bend the retaining clip back to level. Still no luck. What's next? Have it repaired professionally/trash it? Or is there a home-fix No. 3 for me?

Thanks
    if not reading retail Nintendo disks, you're having a hardware problem with the dvd-rom.
    be noticed that not every Wii is capable to reading backup diskes.
    you shouldn't bend or twist any arm inside dvd-rom for a trial. It hurts !