Top 15 list of must have GBA games
If you're looking to build an awesome collection of GBA games but don't know what you're missing, or if you're looking for a new game to play, this list will help you out!
This will be my top 15 list of my favorite, and suggested GBA games for everyone.
This list isn't put into order too much, just whatever came to mind.
Let me know if there are any other good games that you think belongs on this list.
1. The Legend of Zelda, The Minish Cap
2. Metroid Fusion
3. Metroid Zero Mission
4. Pokemon Leaf green/ Firered
5. Pokemon Emerald
6. Golden Sun 1 and 2 (2 games)
7. Fire Emblem, The Sacred Stones
8. Final fantasy 1&2, 4,5,6 (4 games)
9. Zelda A Link To The Past & Four Swords
10. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
11. Megaman Battle Network 1,2,3 (3 games)
12. Super Mario Advance 1,2,3,4 (4 games)
13. Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3 (3 games)
14. Kirby Nightmare In Dreamland
15. Mother 3 (J)
Others that are good but didn't get a chance to make it onto my top 15 list:
- WarioWare Inc. Mega Micro Games
- Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
- YuGiOh, The Eternal Duelist Soul
- Double Dragon Advance
- Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
- Crash Bandicoot 2 N Tranced
- Wario Land 4
- Banjo & Kazooie Gruntilda's Revenge
- Gradius Galaxies
- Kirby And The Amazing Mirror
Games to stay away from:
- Dragon ball Z The Legacy of Goku (Unless you wanna use a guide, or go through hundreds of trial an error. The second one did better, but suffers the same fate of extreme difficulty.)
- Megaman & Bass (Sorry but this one is personal. As a beginner to this game, it sure has kicked my ass without mercy)
- Castlevania harmony of Dissonance (Not a bad game, but it sure does get too hard quickly)
- Megaman Battle Network 4,5,6 (All you really need is 1,2,3. The story after that is lame, all the big stuff already happened. In 4, you don't even fight any bosses throughout the beginning. As a spoiler, Lan moves from ACDC town. If you want more Battle Network gameplay, then go for it.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Ok this one is excellent, I just personally didn't like it, so hate me on this one xD)
- F-Zero Velocity (Yet another good game, but only to those who're good at it. If you aren't, you'll just hate it. Either get a ton of practice, or don't try at all. Don't get me wrong, the F-Zero series have always been great, but very hard~)
Please don't drink and post.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
Legacy of Goku as "stay away from"?! But those 3 were 3 of my favorite GBA games.
Games I enjoyed on GBA:
Dragon Ball Z The Legacy of Goku (1, 2 and Buu's Fury aka LoG 3)
Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors (great fighting game)
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival
Street Fight Alpha 3
GT Advance (1 or 3, 2 was crap)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2
Last edited by SNES_Master; 04-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
Well, sort of. I wasn't that young lol. I think I was only 12 when GBA came around. But I admit the first Legacy of Goku did have a couple tough puzzles...took me a while to make it through the Namek temple lol.
Don't forget Star Wars: Episode 3.
I love lists. In my mind they really reflect the individual interests of the gamer. This is about as solid of a GBA list as I'e ever seen. As a matter of fact, my list isn't really that different.
1: Shining Force: Ressurection of the Dark Dragon.
2: Final Fantasy 1&2, 4, 5, & 6
3: Legend of Zelda, the Minish Cap
4: Kingdom Hearts; Chain of Memories
5: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
6: Golden Sun 1 & 2
7: Pokemon Emerald
8: Super Mario Advance 1-4
9: Street Fighter Alpha 3 upper
10: Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo
11: Metrod Fusion
12: Breath of Fire
13: Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and 4 Swords
14: Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
15: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Not too different. Shining Force will always be my favorite GBA game. I played it on the Sega Channel when I was 15 and then then rented it from the local video store so much, the guy who worked there just sold it to me.