Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WiiHacks,Ocarina Cheats Guide.

Banned

Wink WiiHacks,Ocarina Cheats Guide

We Do Not Condone Online Cheating and You will Not be given any help with such.

Wiihacks Ocarina Guide
    After much discussion, the Wiihacks staff has agreed to provide support for Ocarina codes in a limited way. These can be very useful when teaching your 3 year old how to play super mario bros, infinite lives can help to quell frustrations. Online cheats should never be used. This affects the game play for other users, and will not be condoned or supported here.

Side Effects
    It is important to note that the use of cheats can sometimes cause unintended side effects, which may affect the game's playability or function. Before reporting any issue with loading games/functionality, please turn off all cheats and verify that the behavior is the same without this enabled. Essentially what is happening here is someone has reverse-engineered the code for the game and effectively "short-circuited" it in some way to accomplish specific behaviors. This can be a dicey proposition, and is not guaranteed to work for everyone.

[spoiler=How this works]
    People reverse engineer the code to figure out how to achieve certain behaviors. They then create what is essentially a "patch" for the game, and distribute the requisite changes to the code a text file. Generally a number of tweaks are included for each game and distributed as a single file. To use these, you need to pick which tweaks you wish to enable, and create a machine-readable version of them, which is a "GCT" file. The process of choosing which tweaks you want and creating the GCT file can be achieved in a couple different ways:

• If you have an active internet connection to your Wii, most (all?) loaders can handle this for you and you can enable this functionality directly on your Wii.
    • Alternatively, and if you want more options, you can create the GCT file on your PC (MACintoy?) and transfer it to your SD card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Things You Will Need And Do]

1.) Ocarina App.
    There will be an Ocarina folder , PC folder and a TxtCodes folder, Take the Ocarina Folder and put it in your apps folder on the sd card. Now take the TxtCodes folder and put it on the root of the sd card or the Usb Hdd.

2.)Take the folder that says pc and move it to your desktop for convenience.I will explain later on how to use this as well.

3.) You will need this link if you can only transfer your cheats by computer.Link-> Gecko Codes I will explain how to do this later on.

4.)An Sd Card and or Hdd, Yes, you can have your codes on your hdd.
    We will be putting the txt files in a folder named txtcodes and the Gct files in a folder called codes.
    You can also just place them on the root of the sd/hdd,Either way you decide on doing it, it will still need to be place at the root of the sd card/HDD drive.

It will look like this...SD:RSPE01.txt or SD:Txtcodes/RSPE01.txt and or HD:RSPE01.txt or HDD:codes/RSPE01.txt etc.The same goes for the Gct files.

[/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Wiird Codes How To]

1.)Go to Gecko Codes, and click your region or All Regions.

2.) Press the Beginning alphabet of the title, for example, Animal Crossing start with an "A", so tap that letter.....

3.) Select your game/s, I will be selecting Animal Crossing.

4.) If you look below at the image you will see it right under the game ID (RUUE01), that says

I've never had any luck with the GCT option, so we will be using the TXT feature here.

6.) Open up where you have saved the Txt file and copy that Text file to the txtcodes folder I supplied, then place that folder on the root of the sd card/HDD.This is how It should look on your Sd Card or HDD.

Now look in the spoiler below (Creating A Gct File/w Ocarina Cheat Manager) to turn that txt cheat in to a Gct file.
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Creating A Gct File w/ Ocarina Cheat Manager For the Pc]

7.)Go to the program (Ocarina Cheat Manager,Which is In The Pc Folder) for the PC and Press the File button , which is in the left top corner and select open tXt File and go to the txt file you just downloaded and select it.It will look like this...

8.) If you look at the image below , you will notice that we have codes on the left side that you can choose to enable by clicking the box, Enable the ones you want.

9.) Now that you have selected the codes that you want enabled, it should look like this...

10.) Lets create the gct file...Look at the bottom of the program and you will see this,

Press that button and this window will pop up..

11.) Now change the Drive letter in the options in that window to your sd cards/HDD letter, This will copy it directly to your sd or Hdd..It should look something like this,

Now click the store button and you should see a message in the image below, if so you have created your file.

12.) Now disconnect your Sd Card or HDD from your computer, as you are done.
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Directly Downloading GCT File Cheats]
    • Go to Gecko Codes ....
    • Go to the letter of the game you need the cheats for...
    • Now select the game that you need the cheats for.
    • Select the GCT instead of the Txt buttons from the top left....
    • Now press the ADD CODES button...
    • Select the cheats by checking the boxes on the right side of your screen...
    • Now just download the gct by hitting said button.
    • Now take the GCT file and put it to your sd / Usb drive, in the CODES folder on the root of the SD CARD.

And your Done.
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Usb Loader Gx Path Options.]

Open up your Usb Loader Gx, so we can get started.

Please make sure you have your paths where you would like to have your txtcodes and gct codes stored at.

[Spoiler=Paths]

To Change your paths follow the below.

1.) Go to the "Sprockets" (Settings), It's located in the lower left corner and select it.

2.)You will be brought to this screen.....

Press the "+" button to get to page 2.Now scroll down to the bottom where it says,"Custom Paths" and select it.

3.) Scroll down to where you see the paths for "Txt CheatCodes" and "Gct CheatCodes". Now change the paths to either Usb or Sd Card.

Once you selected the paths, press the ok button.

This window below will pop up, just press the ok button and exit out.

You are done.
    [/Spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ocarina App Guide For The HBC.]
    You Should have the Ocarina app in your apps folder on the sd card/Usb Hdd, if not , do it now.

1.) Open up HBC.

2.) Load Ocarina app

3.) Insert the game in to the wii.

4.) Load the game by pressing the "A" button.

Make sure you have the codes on the root of the sd card.
    It will look like this Sd:/txtcodes/RSPE01.txt and Sd:/codes/Rspe01.gct.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Action Replay To Ocarina Guide]

This is a simple guide that shows you how to convert AR codes to Ocarina codes.

* Go to this site for the Action Replay Codes

1.) Download The GCNcrypt_v1.5 and extract it to your desktop.

2.) Download The AR To Wiird and extract to your desktop.

3.) Download The Codemanager And etract to your desktop.

4.) Open up the GCNcrypt program and take the codes you want to decrypt and place them in the left box And press the "Decrypt " Button.

5.) Now open up the the "AR To Wiird.jar" program, take the "decrypted" codes you made above and put them in the left box and click the "Convert Code Type" Button.
    If you Decrypted the codes with GCNcrypt then you will need to click the box on the left bottom, that says "Each Code Has A Verifier Line.", If it was already Decrypted, leave it unchecked.

6.) Open up the "CheatCodeManager" and where it says "Code/Comment/Category" Enter the codes name, now add the code that you just converted in to the "Code Contents" box. Now check the box (Codes Name) that's right under the Game ID.

You are going to need the Game I.D. for whatever game the codes are for. Example...GF7E01 is for Star Fox , that I.D. will need to be entered in the the box of the CheatCodeManager that says "Game ID", once your done with that press "Export To GCT".

If you need to get the game ID use neogamma or wii backup manager.

7.) Take the Gct file (GF7E01.GCT) and place it in your sd card in a folder name codes and enjoy.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Credits]
    Thank You To,CJizzle for the Directional Support.
    Thank You To,Bluphant for the CFG Loader Write Up and The Warning Write Up.
    Thank You To, Bmarlo For The Banner.
    Thank You To, Gamer89420 for the Suggesting of the AR TO Ocarina Guide.
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by Jax; 09-15-2014 at 06:38 AM.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Nice work mate

Sent from my C6603 using WiiHacks

Nice thread.
    thumbs up !

So the Ocarina file is actually needed to get the codes to work properly? I mean, the other day I was under the impression that I could just download and activate some codes in CFGLoader, turned on Ocarina, and start my game and it froze on me. I guess that's why because I didn't have the ocarina file?

Nice work Jax.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer89420 View Post
    So the Ocarina file is actually needed to get the codes to work properly? I mean, the other day I was under the impression that I could just download and activate some codes in CFGLoader, turned on Ocarina, and start my game and it froze on me. I guess that's why because I didn't have the ocarina file?
    No, the ocarina app does not need to be on the sd card.
    That is for the disc loading....

This is how it works..

1.) Open up HBC.

2.) Load Ocarina app

3.) Insert the game in to the wii.

4.) Load game by pressing the "A" button.

Make sure you have the codes on the root of the sd card.
    It will look like this Sd:/txtcodes/RSPE01.txt and Sd:/codes/Rspe01.gct.

More then likely the reason the game froze was because the codes were conflicting with each other.

Oh I see. I will try that out to see exactly what you mean.

Although, I recall I had only tried two codes the first time. I had the code for Brawl: take no damage in classic mode, and also moon jump - it froze on me with obnoxiously loud beep sound when I pressed start at title screen. Then the second time, I had only the take no damage in classic mode. Froze again with loud beep sound when I tried to enter Classic mode.

This is as un-conflicting as it gets. Is there a master/enable code that I missed or something?

Banned
    Does the game do that error when you play without the codes on?

Sent from my IPhone,Jax.

Of course not. :P Game worked fine otherwise.

But if you mean enable ocarina, but with no codes on, then I have not tried that.

Banned
    If the game is not giving you problems with the codes/ cheats off ,then it would have to be the codes that are causing the error.

Only other cause .....could be gremlins.

Sent from my IPhone,Jax.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast